Nebraska and Iowa Real Estate Investing

Nebraska and Iowa Real Estate Investing

New to Real Estate · Granger, IA · Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 2 votes

Good Morning Everyone!  My wife and I are in the starting process of getting into RE investing. We live in Omaha, NE and have family in Des Moines and Mason City, IA. We are looking to make connection with people in these area and learn from their experience.  

2Reply
23 views

Most Popular Reply

Owen DashnerPro Member
Lender · Omaha, NE · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
6y

Hi Garrett, welcome to BP and real estate investing!  Omaha has a great meetup group that gets together monthly.  Here is the link to the FB page: 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154047838549106/

Feel free to reach out if you need anything.

Owen

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Owen DashnerPro Member
    Lender · Omaha, NE · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    Hi Garrett, welcome to BP and real estate investing!  Omaha has a great meetup group that gets together monthly.  Here is the link to the FB page: 

    https://www.facebook.com/groups/154047838549106/

    Feel free to reach out if you need anything.

    Owen

  • CCIM · Des Moines, IA · Member since 2014 · 341 posts · 170 votes
    6y

    Hey @Garrett Hepperly

    Welcome to BP!  It's a wonderful place to learn and network.  I'm an investor and realtor in Des Moines.  Reach out with your questions on the market.  What are your goals with real estate?

  • Teacher/Real Estate Investor · Mason City, IA · Member since 2011 · 80 posts · 10 votes
    6y

    Hi Garrett,

    I'm an investor in Mason City. Let me know how I can help!

  • New to Real Estate · Granger, IA · Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    Thanks Owen,  I'll check out the FB page and join the group.  It would be great to connect soon to share our story and goals.  Talk to you soon. 

  • New to Real Estate · Granger, IA · Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    Thanks Chase.  We will be in Des Moines this weekend so I'll be driving around the cities to look at a few areas.  I will connect with you to share our goals in real estate.  Thanks!

  • New to Real Estate · Granger, IA · Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    Hey Brian, I was born and raised in Mason City so I know the market very well.  I understand with the new arena downtown plus the apartment/townhomes being built right now and the hotel in the near future has increase taxes.   The area is growing with new businesses moving in and big corporations looking to move in the market as well.  Hopefully, this will be a start to a great future for Mason City.

  • Anthony GaydenPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Omaha, NE · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Garrett Hepperly:

    Good Morning Everyone!  My wife and I are in the starting process of getting into RE investing. We live in Omaha, NE and have family in Des Moines and Mason City, IA. We are looking to make connection with people in these area and learn from their experience.  

    Hello Garrett, I’m a smaller investor here in Omaha as well.

    Feel free to reach out.

  • Financial Advisor · Norfolk · Member since 2019 · 25 posts · 28 votes
    6y

    Hi Garrett,

    I just recently moved to Omaha from Minnesota and am just getting starting in RE investing as well. I don't have much experience to currently offer, but I'd love to connect with you anyways as I can maybe offer something in the future. Best of luck to you and your wife!

  • New to Real Estate · Member since 2019 · 52 posts · 35 votes
    6y

    hello @Garrett Hepperly I lived in Omaha for few years and very much interested in that market. There is an active FB group "Omaha real estate meetup" which is really good if you want to join and make connections in the Omaha area. Thanks




Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.