How To Pick A Market For Flipping Houses

How To Pick A Market For Flipping Houses

New to Real Estate · Israel · Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 2 votes

Hi, I'm a new member in BP and I am starting to learn the ropes of real estate in general and putting some more emphasis on house flipping which I think is the niche I'll probably go with.

I wanted to know how can I pick a market to invest in order to flip a house there?
What are the criteria I should look for? I have seen videos and read articles about choosing one for rental properties but because of the relatively short investment I'm assuming its not completely the same.

One last note I'm from Israel, where the market is pretty expansive, so starting in my back yard is not really an option...

I'll appreciate any help i can get!!

0Reply
17 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Denver, CO · Member since 2016 · 50 posts · 25 votes
    6y

    @Michael Rosenblum Look at the economy in the area overall. Who are the main employers and is it seasonal or consistent? Are any big employers planning to move there in the future? What’s the overall future economic outlook? Check out the population as well, is it increasing or decreasing and is there anything that will draw more people in the future? Then look for development and construction, are there cranes everywhere and people doing flips already, building neighborhoods?

  • New to Real Estate · Israel · Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    Hi @Jamaal Gibbs thank for the pointers.

    one question, are new neighborhood and construction a good indication? Or should i look for markets were there aren't new house cause they pose as competition?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.