Real Estate Investor in the Twin Cities

Real Estate Investor in the Twin Cities

St. Louis Park, MN · Member since 2019 · 1 post · 8 votes

Hey what's going on BP'ers! I wanted to introduce myself to the community...

My name is Jacori Hayes. I play professional soccer for Minnesota United and recently moved to the Minneapolis area. I have one rental property in the Dallas area. I have listened to podcasts and read books to begin educating myself on real estate investing. Now, I want to actively learn from others in the community through meetups and continue building a portfolio. Hopefully, we can connect in the coming months!

8Reply
21 views

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Bloomington, MN · Member since 2019 · 404 posts · 542 votes
    6y

    @Jacori Hayes Welcome to BP from another Twin Cities investor. Hopefully I can meet you at an upcoming event once we’re all allowed to leave our homes.

  • Real Estate Agent · St. Paul, MN · Member since 2016 · 44 posts · 23 votes
    6y

    Welcome to Minnesota Jacori!

    There’s plenty of good people to learn from in the area who have tons of experience and know the market well. These are hard times for meetups but I think some are doing virtual and BP’s threads as you already know are packed full of good conversation. Take care and welcome to the North.

  • Adam TafelBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · St. Paul, MN · Member since 2017 · 580 posts · 396 votes
    6y

    Welcome to MN Jacori! There are plenty Twin Cities investors on BP who will be happy to connect. Hopefully you guys get to resume your season before too long! 

    Upside Property Sales 4.9108 Reviews
  • Alyssa StromBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Saint Paul, MN · Member since 2015 · 224 posts · 214 votes
    6y

    @Jacori Hayes Welcome! So many great meetups and investors around town. Once it resumes you'll love @Kurt Pauley's South Minneapolis Meetup plus he's a huge United fan :-)

  • Lender · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2019 · 34 posts · 16 votes
    6y

    Welcome @Jacori Hayes,

    Everyone's correct - there are many great meetups, but since we are in our current situation, I'd highly recommend listening to the webinars from our local investors.  It will be a great way to "meet" our most outspoken leaders in the community of investors here while also being educational.

    Good luck! 

  • Realtor · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2016 · 245 posts · 107 votes
    6y

    @Jacori Hayes

    Jacori, Welcome to MN! We are excited to have you here and I can't wait for the United home opener. This has been a tough wait. 

    The Twin Cities has a really good community of investors willing to network and help each other. I think the riches are in the niches whether that be a certain neighborhood or certain asset class. Hope to see you around! COYL 

  • Rental Property Investor · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2016 · 1 post · 0 votes
    6y

    Hi @Jacori Hayes!

    Welcome to the land of ten thousand lakes!  Definitely intending on coming to a game once the season begins.  

    I haven't been as active as I would like on BP but i'm here to network and provide value to everyone.  Looking forward to connecting and learning more about you all. 

    Cheers. 

  • Craig CurelopBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Post Falls, ID · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    Hi @Jacori Hayes. Welcome to BiggerPockets!

    Glad to have you here! You are in the right venue learning REI business. Yes, spend more time educating yourself by browsing, reading, listening and building your network here in BiggerPockets site. Keep connecting with other members to learn from their success stories and experiences. I am sharing to you some of my recommendations:

            1. Subscribe to the BiggerPockets Money and Rookie Podcasts

            2. Attend the FREE WEBINARS

           3. Attend a Meetup in Your Area

           4. Purchase the Beginner Books: How to Invest in Real Estate, Set for Life, The House Hacking Strategy

           5. Peruse the forums! Ask questions! Answer Questions!

    Good luck in your soccer games and future investments! Keep safe and see you around! 

    Best regards,

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.