How do I get started from nothing?

How do I get started from nothing?

Member since 2020 · 1 post · 0 votes

Hi I am 23 years old looking to start learning to invest my money. I live in Brooklyn,NYC. I just got a contractor role at a bank that pays  $27/hour. I am still looking to grow my career in finance but I have no idea where to start learning. I do listen to podcasts every now and then but I would like for anyone to give me any advise. I have no savings but I am planning to start saving as much as I can. I am trying to prepare myself in a way to be able to invest in real estate property like a rental. As I live in NYC people are always saying everything in the city is pretty much impossible to invest in unless you have tons of money. Can anyone help me get a good start maybe recommend some books or specific things to research? Or simply have time to talk to me about anything I really just want to learn as much as possible. 

0Reply
14 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Tipton, IN · Member since 2014 · 436 posts · 39 votes
    6y

    Welcome to the BP family @Max Cosme Salazar! Nice to have you here!

    First off by simply being here you are taking a step in the right direction. Very seldom is there a magic wand to help expedite the process but consistent learning, getting engage in conversations with other investors and stepping out to get that first deal are some of the typical steps.  Here are some additional recommendations for you:

    Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/r...

    Find and connect with other BP members: https://www.biggerpockets.com/...

    Keyword alerts ensure you are notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/a...

    And don't forget the Podcasts: https://www.biggerpockets.com/...

    Tagging someone in the conversation on the forum, can be accomplished by typing @ followed by their name (like I did above) and then select the name of that person which should appear below the comments box. Then they will be notified of being tagged helping to ensure the conversation will continue.

    Wishing you the best!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.