New real estate investor in Iowa

New real estate investor in Iowa

Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 2 votes

Hello! I am a new real estate investor living in Cedar Rapids Iowa. I have been creeping in the background of bigger pockets long enough and wanted to formally introduce myself. I became interested in real estate investing while I was attending physician assistant school not too long ago. I am a very driven individual with a big focus on self improvement. I spent 6 years in the Marine Corps and currently in the process becoming a medical officer so I can swim my way out of student debt. I look forward to being active on here and having good conversations with with you all. My current real estate investing focus is on single and multifamily homes.

2Reply
18 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Brooke Park Drive · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
6y

I hope your real estate investing goes better than the Iowa caucus hehe

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Darson GranthamBusiness Member
    Realtor · Des Moines · Member since 2018 · 304 posts · 253 votes
    6y

    Welcome @Shawn Schwabe, thank you for your service!

    I’m always curious, in two things
    1. what got you interested in RE

    2. what is the one thing right now holding you back from making your next/first investment?

  • Investor · Iowa City, IA · Member since 2017 · 137 posts · 85 votes
    6y

    Welcome @Shawn Schwabe and yes - thank you for your service! Good Questions, @Darson Grantham.

    My wife is a PA at UIHC. She went through PA school later in life. It was a great choice and its a great profession! Good luck in the RE world!!

  • Rental Property Investor · Brooke Park Drive · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y

    I hope your real estate investing goes better than the Iowa caucus hehe

  • Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    hi and thank you for the welcome @Darson Grantham. I had a fellow classmate that would do day trading during class. We got to talking and I started reading up on investing in general and real estate is what really called to me. PA school was really demanding so I just did some free reading when I had a chance with bigger pocket books and tons of podcast during my clinical year. I had to wait until recently to take action with RE because I needed to line up a job first and pass my boards. I am currently looking for investments now. That is the reason for the wait. 
    @Aj 

    @AJ Leman that is where I am currently working too! Very cool :) 

  • Darson GranthamBusiness Member
    Realtor · Des Moines · Member since 2018 · 304 posts · 253 votes
    6y

    @Shawn Schwabe, I'm sorry it took so long to respond!  Getting educated on RE is very fun, but getting that first property is the real thrill!  I'm excited for you to get that first one under your belt and see how you like it!  

    Good luck and if you have any deals you want to run by me to see what my opinions are, just message me!  

  • Andrew SyriosPro Member
    Moderator
    Residential Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    6y

    Welcome to BP Shawn and good luck investing!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.