Widowed, Homeless Nomad....New to RE investing

Widowed, Homeless Nomad....New to RE investing

Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2020 · 4 posts · 3 votes

Currently a nomad in Orange County, and looking to relocate since CA seems expensive for a newbie.  I sold home, liquidated estate and sitting on equity from 92677 sell.  Close to debt free.  No children, just a 4 legged companion.  

Looking for feedback, wisdom as I am new to the BP community and as I navigate this next chapter. I am inspired by the BP videos and resources available here, and look forward to learning. Looking to BRRRR on multi's or house hack in a more affordable area. Not sure where....

Just arrived back from 45036 (Ohio).  Not sure if that will be my next landing, still exploring.  I have family in Utah, 84414 some who are expressing some interest in real estate investing too, but I have not been there in a decade, but initial search is showing some depressed areas, but high crime areas.  

Need to learn the evaluation process, bought the subscription for the calculators.  Lots to learn, but wanted to share and introduce myself.  

3Reply
18 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2019 · 14 posts · 7 votes
6y

@Christine Knapp-Phillips

Welcome! Here are some things to know about the Utah market. Right now inventory is very low, so the market is super competitive for buyers, especially if you are looking at it from an investment standpoint. In addition to that you would have to come up with some savy ways to make the number work, but it certainly can be done.

On the flip side of that though Utah market stays consistently strong. Even through the last recession Utah didn’t get hit as hard as other markets. So if you are looking for long term equity and longevity Utah can definitely be your place.

If you have anymore question feel free to reach out! Good luck to you and your journeys!

- Andrew

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • New to Real Estate · Charles Town, WV · Member since 2020 · 13 posts · 11 votes
    6y

    Welcome, Christine. I began this journey when I randomly picked up a book at a local bookstore (How To Invest In Real Estate), which lead to my second book that I’m nearly finished with (The Book on Rental Property Investing). Both have been fantastic and I’d recommend them as great resources to both, answer questions AND generate new ones!

    Good luck!

  • Real Estate Agent · Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2019 · 14 posts · 7 votes
    6y

    @Christine Knapp-Phillips

    Welcome! Here are some things to know about the Utah market. Right now inventory is very low, so the market is super competitive for buyers, especially if you are looking at it from an investment standpoint. In addition to that you would have to come up with some savy ways to make the number work, but it certainly can be done.

    On the flip side of that though Utah market stays consistently strong. Even through the last recession Utah didn’t get hit as hard as other markets. So if you are looking for long term equity and longevity Utah can definitely be your place.

    If you have anymore question feel free to reach out! Good luck to you and your journeys!

    - Andrew

  • Rental Property Investor · Lehi, UT · Member since 2016 · 105 posts · 96 votes
    6y

    Welcom @Christine Knapp-Phillips - I live in Lehi Utah with my wife and we house hacked for 4+ years and have had a great experience with it. Utah is a great market that has seen lots of growth in recent years. If you end up here and want to connect let me know. I have had a good amount of practice looking at numbers and evaluating deals, so if I can be of help to you in that way let me know.

  • Rental Property Investor · Park City, UT · Member since 2020 · 15 posts · 22 votes
    6y

    @Casey Christensen hi Casey - just moves to Park City and looking to invest in my first condo. Just saw your post and thought I’d reach out and connect. Nice to meet you!

  • Rental Property Investor · Lehi, UT · Member since 2016 · 105 posts · 96 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Amy Nordeen:

    @Casey Christensen hi Casey - just moves to Park City and looking to invest in my first condo. Just saw your post and thought I’d reach out and connect. Nice to meet you!

    Welcome to Utah @Amy Nordeen Welcome to Utah and nice to meet you as well. Park City is a beautiful area to live. Are you looking for a condo in Park City to invest in? 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.