Newbie in Tampa FL, but FROM Minnesnowda!!!

Newbie in Tampa FL, but FROM Minnesnowda!!!

Tampa FL · Member since 2019 · 14 posts · 6 votes

I want to learn it all and give it a shot again someday. Want to get past the downturn nightmare we went thru in '08. Because of that, I am very leary.  Now that our credit is tops again I am ready to MAYBE try it again, but...educating myself is my top priority for now.

1Reply
10 views

Most Popular Reply

Realtor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2016 · 340 posts · 248 votes
6y

Hi @Dianne Daraitis,

You type the @ and then start spelling the person's name to hyperlink their name and notify of a response. 

I went to Bob Hogue School of RE years ago. I recommend going to the class sessions, since it's easier to absorb the info, and hear stories with the material instead of dry online classes. You have to take the Florida State Real Estate Exam, but before you do that, you have to pass the course at any accredited RE school. The school will give you the step by step process to get licensed and active. 

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2019 · 29 posts · 45 votes
    6y

    @Dianne Daraitis, welcome! I am also a newer investor in the greater Tampa area. Obviously real estate is a risk, but that doesnt mean it can't be a calculated risk. Figure out what your goals are, strategy you'd be comfortable with, and what sort of parameters you want to set for yourself when looking at properties. I'm in the same boat as you in terms of getting educated, but it seems like the more educated I get the more ready I am to hop in and just give it a go. Education is always the best place to start! Cheers to your new beginning, you're definitely in the right place. 

  • Realtor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2016 · 340 posts · 248 votes
    6y

    Hi @Dianne Daraitis,

    Welcome to the community. Happy to answer any questions you might have. I'm a local agent, investor and developer myself. Happy to grab a coffee, or walk a property and share what I know. 

  • Tampa FL · Member since 2019 · 14 posts · 6 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Brian Goodling:

    @Dianne Daraitis, welcome! I am also a newer investor in the greater Tampa area. Obviously real estate is a risk, but that doesnt mean it can't be a calculated risk. Figure out what your goals are, strategy you'd be comfortable with, and what sort of parameters you want to set for yourself when looking at properties. I'm in the same boat as you in terms of getting educated, but it seems like the more educated I get the more ready I am to hop in and just give it a go. Education is always the best place to start! Cheers to your new beginning, you're definitely in the right place. 

    That's funny, I was going to say hello to you when I saw you were a newbie in Tampa too haha. Where are you at?  I'm in Town and Country.

    By the way, how do we respond to someone"s post without having to quote it? Also, how do we read the last post first in a thread?

  • Tampa FL · Member since 2019 · 14 posts · 6 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Tom Parris:

    Hi @Dianne Daraitis,

    Welcome to the community. Happy to answer any questions you might have. I'm a local agent, investor and developer myself. Happy to grab a coffee, or walk a property and share what I know. 

    Aww Tom.  I didn't know you were in Tampa too. You are sweet about grabbing a coffee. So nice to meet both you fellow Tampanians.  Is that a word lol??

  • Tampa FL · Member since 2019 · 14 posts · 6 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Tom Parris:

    Hi @Dianne Daraitis,

     I'm a local agent

    About that hehe. I would love to be a real estate agent I think.  Did you take the class here in Tampa?  Is it difficult?  Thx

  • Realtor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2016 · 340 posts · 248 votes
    6y

    Hi @Dianne Daraitis,

    You type the @ and then start spelling the person's name to hyperlink their name and notify of a response. 

    I went to Bob Hogue School of RE years ago. I recommend going to the class sessions, since it's easier to absorb the info, and hear stories with the material instead of dry online classes. You have to take the Florida State Real Estate Exam, but before you do that, you have to pass the course at any accredited RE school. The school will give you the step by step process to get licensed and active. 

  • Tampa FL · Member since 2019 · 14 posts · 6 votes
    6y

    Thank you my friend!

  • Tampa FL · Member since 2019 · 14 posts · 6 votes
    6y

    You guys. I wish I was further along but I saw this house today online, Zillow I think, that is located in W. St. Paul, MN. I want this so bad since we want to move back home. Am I allowed to post the house to show you guys and get your opinions? Financing it is most likely impossible for me anyway since I cannot even qualify for a dang HELOC right now, despite credit in the low 800's. What good is credit though if you can't use it LOL.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.