New to Real Estate, Looking for my 1st investment

New to Real Estate, Looking for my 1st investment

Rental Property Investor · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2019 · 150 posts · 47 votes

23 New to Real Estate. Been watching alots webninars and taking notes on information to set myself up to get my 1st investment property in Cleveland! 

2Reply
19 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
7y
Originally posted by @Ondrej Brown:

23 New to Real Estate. Been watching alots webninars and taking notes on information to set myself up to get my 1st investment property in Cleveland! 

 Welcome to the site Ondrej. I recommend checking out The Ultimate Guide to Grading Cleveland Neighborhoods while you're getting your feet wet in the Cleveland market. Tons of info there for you to digest.

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2018 · 214 posts · 270 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Ondrej Brown:

    23 New to Real Estate. Been watching alots webninars and taking notes on information to set myself up to get my 1st investment property in Cleveland! 

    Hey Ondrej, welcome to the site! I live in California, but I have been investing in the Cleveland area for years (first started when I was basically a kid, in the 1990s)! I currently own 8 rental properties there.

    I've gathered a ton of information on investing in the Cleveland area, and would be happy to share it with you if you are interested. It includes, among other things, a comprehensive map of the Cleveland area, grading each area from A+ down to F, using a consistent, objective and transparent methodology using publicly available data.

    When you are just getting started, I encourage you to make your first investment a fairly easy one... so either a live-in type of thing, where you renovate/improve as you go (perhaps a sub-$100K duplex in Garfield Heights, Euclid, Old Brooklyn, or North Collinwood... decent enough area that you can get solid tenants, but still affordable as a starter investment), or buy something that is fairly "turn-key" to get your feet wet. Don't start right off the bat trying to do a BRRRR if you have no actual experience in real estate, property management, construction, etc.

    Feel free to add me as a connection and drop me a private message!

  • Rental Property Investor · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2019 · 150 posts · 47 votes
    7y

    @Robert Matelski Hey Rob , I would definitely be reaching out to you for information! I’m looking forward to get started with real estate. My goal was to 1st start off getting a Duplex like you said . Rent the bottom live in top. And man you be doing this since 90s ? Lol that’s a long time man !

  • Rental Property Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2018 · 214 posts · 270 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Ondrej Brown:

    @Robert Matelski Hey Rob , I would definitely be reaching out to you for information! I’m looking forward to get started with real estate. My goal was to 1st start off getting a Duplex like you said . Rent the bottom live in top. And man you be doing this since 90s ? Lol that’s a long time man !

    Yessir... I was not even old enough to buy alcohol then LOL 

  • Justin WindhamPro Member
    Banker · Nationwide · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    @Ondrej Brown

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets!

    This is a great place to learn and network. A lot of forum members are very knowledgeable in their respective fields related to real estate investing, whether that is real estate sales, wholesaling, flipping, rentals, lending, self-directed IRA and Solo 401k investing, or tax and legal guidance.

    The site has quite a few tools that can be helpful for new members. I like the search features: https://www.biggerpockets.com/search

    Alerts can be really helpful too: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts

    There are a few self-contained guides that you can access here: https://www.biggerpockets.com/guides

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Ondrej Brown:

    23 New to Real Estate. Been watching alots webninars and taking notes on information to set myself up to get my 1st investment property in Cleveland! 

     Welcome to the site Ondrej. I recommend checking out The Ultimate Guide to Grading Cleveland Neighborhoods while you're getting your feet wet in the Cleveland market. Tons of info there for you to digest.

  • Investor · Cape Coral, FL · Member since 2019 · 135 posts · 41 votes
    7y

    Welcome Ondrej!

  • Professional · Parsippany, NJ · Member since 2013 · 384 posts · 262 votes
    7y

    23 Is a great age to get in!!! Remember, Men Lie Women Lie but numbers don't

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.