Newbie BRRRR in DMV (Northern Virginia)

Newbie BRRRR in DMV (Northern Virginia)

Alexandria VA · Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 1 vote

Hello BP Forum - I'm a newbie to BP and looking to BRRRR in the expensive DMV (DC/Maryland/Virginia). Any tips on where you're finding MLS / non-MLS deals to get started? Or even out of state deals?

I currently work in banking, but preparing myself for financial freedom. Thanks in advance and I hope we can partner in the near future

1Reply
23 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2018 · 7 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    @Brian Bennett welcome! I’m pretty new too working on my house hack. Just based on how broad your question was, I would start by reading into different strategies and trying to figure out which one you’d like to pursue. If you just want to get started, house hacking seems to be the way to go.

    I’m going to start going to meetups around the area to try to figure out what I don’t know and get some guidance while I look for my second property. I’ve heard good things about GRID in Reston and they have a meetup on Tuesday! http://meetu.ps/e/GGzKk/wTRC4/a http://meetu.ps/e/GGzKk/wTRC4/a

  • Alexandria VA · Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    Thanks @Kevin Galang !  I'll check out GRID.  My wife and I currently have a TH rental in the area, but it's currently zero to no cashflow.  We're looking to buy more properties, but house hacking is tough with little kids.

    I saw your hack you posted. Congrats, are you finding your deals on MLS or getting fed elsewhere?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.