The Ultimate Beginner to Real Estate Investing in Aiken, SC

The Ultimate Beginner to Real Estate Investing in Aiken, SC

Bobby HendersonPro Member
Member since 2019 · 15 posts · 2 votes

Hi,

My name is Bobby Henderson and I live in Aiken ,SC. I have decided that I want to get into a Real Estate Investing. 

I have begun reading books and articles  trying to educate myself before I start this journey. 

I am most interested in Wholesale and Buy and Hold Opportunities. Are there any first steps that anyone would be willing to share? 

I would greatly appreciate any feedback!!!!!!!

1Reply
32 views

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Realtor/Builder · North Augusta, SC · Member since 2013 · 128 posts · 29 votes
    7y

    Hi Bobby, I'm in North Augusta. Welcome to BP!

  • Jayson HinksonPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · North Augusta, SC · Member since 2016 · 54 posts · 10 votes
    7y

    Hi Bobby I'm an investor and Realtor in Aiken.  You gotta dive right in and start running the numbers on properties until you find one that checks all your boxes.  The Aiken county auction is one place to get a deal.

    Best,

    Jayson - Keller Williams Aiken

  • Bobby HendersonPro Member
    OP
    Member since 2019 · 15 posts · 2 votes
    7y
  • Bobby HendersonPro Member
    OP
    Member since 2019 · 15 posts · 2 votes
    7y
  • Rental Property Investor · Smyrna, GA · Member since 2018 · 974 posts · 645 votes
    7y

    @Bobby Henderson Education Bobby... start listening to the podcasts, devour REI books, ask questions, build out the processes you should follow to do wholesaling and buy and hold investing. Lots of info out there and start digging in. There is a meetup for the CSRA in the Columbia County library each month where you can meet other investors. I think it is each 3rd Thursday at 7pm. I invest in the area but live in Atlanta.

  • Specialist · Member since 2019 · 494 posts · 220 votes
    7y

    @Bobby Henderson Once you get some education under your belt, the next step is to find properties. You could chase after the same properties as everyone else on the MLS with a realtor, or you could send out mailers to a motivated seller list.

    Most investors use the Absentee Owner list. Unfortunately, this is no longer available in SC because of a new law prohibiting the use of public data for marketing.

    Luckily there are some new motivated seller lists that don't rely on this public data that are doing well for investors. Think about teaming up with a list broker to find the best target audience for your campaign.

  • Member since 2019 · 1 post · 0 votes
    7y

    @Bobby Henderson I am from Aiken as well. A friend of mine and myself are currently starting a wholesaling business in the area. It would be nice to connect with  more people in the same business in our area.

  • Bobby HendersonPro Member
    OP
    Member since 2019 · 15 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    Mark Hiers Thanks for the message. I would like the opportunity to connect.

  • Rental Property Investor · Aiken, SC · Member since 2018 · 16 posts · 4 votes
    7y

    @Bobby Henderson welcome to the business. I'm also in Aiken and fairly new too. I look for BRRRR properties and am always interested in a deal

  • Flipper/Rehabber · North Augusta, SC · Member since 2019 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    Hi @Bobby Henderson I’m in the Aiken area also.  I just acquired my first flip project. I would love to meet up with local people to start networking to help us grow.  

  • Tiago PinaPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Grovetown, GA · Member since 2019 · 18 posts · 0 votes
    2y

    Hi All - Just new to the area and looking to connect. 

    Also looking to build a good local team - Any recommendations?
    1 - Realtor
    2 - Property Manager
    3 - Builder/ Rehabber/ General Contractor
    4 - Any local lender/ Bank? 
    5  - Architect/ designers? (specially with Multifamily experience)

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.