New Investor - Starting my REI adventure in DFW

New Investor - Starting my REI adventure in DFW

Member since 2016 · 4 posts · 0 votes

Hello everyone! My name is Mike and I'm currently living in central NJ, but plan to start my real estate adventure in Dallas/Fort Worth, TX. I'm an account manager for a healthcare company and am fortunate enough to work from home, so if all goes well, I'll be able to move without having to change jobs. I've been lurking on the site for about two years, but have decided that while thinking, researching, and planning are necessary, at some point it's time to take action, so I plan to make my first deal by mid-year. I've read through many of the materials on the website about getting started, and am currently working on my business plan. I will be implementing a buy and hold strategy and plan to purchase a duplex or triplex to start with. I can't wait to learn as much as possible from this amazing community, connect with members, and contribute once I get my feet wet and have knowledge and experience to share with others!

Cheers!

Mike

0Reply
2 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Marlon FongPro Member
    BiggerPockets Support · Bridge City, TX · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 367 votes
    7y

    You got to the right place @Michael P.and welcome to BP. 

    BiggerPockets
  • Real Estate Agent · Freehold, NJ · Member since 2018 · 115 posts · 49 votes
    7y

    @Michael P.

    Congrats mike! You’re definitely in the right place. There are still deals to be had around the central jersey area and if you have any questions I’d be happy to help!

    Best,

    Steve

  • Specialist · Delran, NJ · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 951 votes
    7y

    Welcome to BP @Michael P.! Do you have a timeline for your move?

  • Member since 2016 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    Thanks everyone :) @Odie Ayaga I will be moving by April.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.