New to BP. STR investor based in Seattle and SF

New to BP. STR investor based in Seattle and SF

Seattle · Member since 2018 · 3 posts · 1 vote

Hello all! Super excited to get more involved in BP and real estate investing! I have been listening to the podcasts and reading the posts for sometime and decided to be more active in the community! 


I currently own 1 single family home in Seattle. We airbnb it. I also manage 3 other single family homes in Seattle (do not own). I have been managing these four homes for over a year and have really started to develop and interest in real estate investing. I currently live in San Francisco and manage them remotely. 

It is a bit overwhelming knowing how many different directions you can take real estate. My focus now is to continue the STR approach. But because the Seattle market is so difficult now, I want to explore out of state STR investing.

Looking forward to meeting you all on the forms! Any help or advise would be great! 

0Reply
15 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Falls Church · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
7y

Hello! @Ryan OConnor

Welcome to BP, and congratulations on making the decision to invest in your future via real estate.

I have written a few blog posts that may help you get started here on BP, and with your investing. Please click on the links, give them a read, and share your thoughts in the comments.

First is a post that I feel will help not get overwhelmed with the amount of info that is here on BP:

https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52761-the-simple-guide-to-getting-started-on-bp

The second is a post that will help get you focused with your real estate investing goals:

https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52743-im-new-to-bp-any-advice-would-be-appriciated

The last one is a post that will help you choose an “investor friendly” real estate agent. There are many agents out there, but it’s important to choose the right one.

https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52724-im-new-to-investing-how-do-i-find-an-investor-friendly-agent

I love answering questions if you have any! Good Luck :)

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.