Newbie Investor residing in Orlando, FL

Newbie Investor residing in Orlando, FL

Specialist · Orlando, FL · Member since 2018 · 13 posts · 10 votes

Hello BP fam, 

Just wanted to take the time to introduce myself. My name is Spencer Dalberth and I currently live in Orlando, FL.

I am completely new to real estate investing, but I have been devoting most of my free time (which happens to be a lot)  in educating myself to understand the entire processes and strategy’s. At first, it was overwhelming just like when you begin to learn anything new, but the pieces are starting to come together and it’s quite exhilarating.

I’ve been a bartender for some years now and have learned how to network with all sorts of people. I’ve been lucky enough to meet some great friends and connections along the way. Some actually happen to be agents here in Orlando with some investing history and they’re willing to help me out so I am grateful for that.

I have many goals, long and short term, but I prefer to work on the short term goals because they eventually lead to the bigger long term goal. As of now, education and networking are my daily/weekly goals so with said..

I’d love to meet more people with similar interests/goals so please feel free to contact me! Sellers, buyers, or people that just want to chat about investing.

0Reply
15 views

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Falls Church · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    Hello! @Spencer Dalberth

    Welcome to BP, and congratulations on making the decision to invest in your future via real estate.

    I have written a few blog posts that may help you get started here on BP, and with your investing. Please click on the links, give them a read, and share your thoughts in the comments.

    First is a post that I feel will help not get overwhelmed with the amount of info that is here on BP:

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52761-the-simple-guide-to-getting-started-on-bp

    The second is a post that will help get you focused with your real estate investing goals:

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52743-im-new-to-bp-any-advice-would-be-appriciated

    The last one is a post that will help you choose an “investor friendly” real estate agent. There are many agents out there, but it’s important to choose the right one.

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52724-im-new-to-investing-how-do-i-find-an-investor-friendly-agent

    I love answering questions if you have any! Good Luck :)

  • Specialist · Orlando, FL · Member since 2018 · 13 posts · 10 votes
    7y

    Thank you @Brandon L. for sharing your knowledge and insight with me. Each of these posts you’ve linked provided value and information, especially the one about how to find an investor friendly agent. I am still unsure the questions I should be asking them, but I have somewhat of an idea. 

    Again, thank you. It is much appreciated!

  • Rental Property Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2018 · 545 posts · 386 votes
    7y

    Hey Spencer! Welcome to the BP forums. Let me know if I can help you out in any way being in the same market.

  • Specialist · Orlando, FL · Member since 2018 · 13 posts · 10 votes
    7y

    @David Baier great to see people in the same market willing to help, thank you. 

  • Retirement Accounts Attorney · Southfield, MI · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    @Spencer Dalberth

    Welcome to BP.

  • Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2012 · 30 posts · 26 votes
    7y

    @Spencer Dalberth Welcome to BP! I am also getting started here in the Orlando market as well. Along with BP, I would recommend you look into the local REIA here, CFRI. They have a general meeting the 1st Wednesday of every month, which is free for first timers and have over 1200 local members and vendors. I recently joined and they have been extremely welcoming and is a great place to network!

  • Specialist · Orlando, FL · Member since 2018 · 13 posts · 10 votes
    7y
    @Jamie Burns I would love to join and attend. Thank you for the heads up. I will look into it now!
  • Rental Property Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2017 · 26 posts · 10 votes
    7y
    @Spencer Dalberth - There is also a monthly BP meetup in Orlando. The next meetup is Dec 1st. Topic for this specific meeting is creating our own 2019 investing goals, and deciding what topics we want to cover/experts to bring in for 2019 meetups. @Bernadeau C. Can get you added to the group and give you the meetup details if you want to be there 😊
  • Specialist · Orlando, FL · Member since 2018 · 13 posts · 10 votes
    7y

    @Kelly Zingarelli very cool, I am definitely interested in joining that as well. If I could get some information, I would appreciate it! Thank you all for being so warm and welcoming, seems like a great community here.

  • Realtor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2018 · 22 posts · 7 votes
    7y

    Welcome to BP Spencer. I am a new investor focusing on wholesale as-well from Sarasota! I have learned so much on these forums. I love the Orlando area - I plan on visiting it soon. I plan on taking on REI and really diving into it - would be great to work on something in the future. I hope you learn a-lot from the people on here - truly amazing information. Goodluck!

  • Jill DeWitPro Member
    Investor · Scottsdale AZ · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 423 votes
    7y

    Hey there, @Spencer Dalberth. Great to see you take that first and maybe most difficult step in real estate investment: reaching out on BiggerPockets. Congratulations and I wish you a ton of success. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.