Rental Property Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2015 · 50 posts · 13 votes
Hey all! I'm Thomas and I work by day in digital marketing (and a bit of past experience in real estate marketing), but I've been doing about a year of research into investing in rental properties (both SF and MF homes).
In an ideal world I'd like to pair my operations and marketing experience with someone who has more capital, but while I'm searching I'm still learning all I can and asking questions as often as possible.
I'd love to hear from other successful investors in Virginia or really anywhere, If you're a private investor I'd love to connect–hope to connect with you all soon!
Virginia Beach · Member since 2018 · 8 posts · 0 votes
7y
Hi Thomas,
I assume you live in northern VA. I guess DC is too competitive, but Richmond might be worthy digging. Hampton Roads area may be better, but it is hot as well. Deals won't last too long.
Rental Property Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2015 · 50 posts · 13 votes
7y
@Xiaoyu Zhang I am actually located in Richmond! I grew up in Northern Virginia and DC so I know the area well but I agree–wouldn’t want to invest there.
Running the numbers, there’s certainly a lot of good propertues in Richmond.
Rental Property Investor · Richmond, VA · Member since 2017 · 295 posts · 229 votes
7y
@Thomas W. I also am in Richmond! I work downtown but I primarily look for deals in Hanover County. Let me know if you find a local private HML, I have been hunting for one.
Fairfax, VA · Member since 2016 · 164 posts · 54 votes
7y
@Thomas W. - Richmond is definitely a hot market with lower acquisition costs than the Northern VA area. Our team has experience in both the DMV area as well as southern VA (Richmond and Hampton Roads) so we would be happy to chat with you and help you get going on your real estate investing endeavors.
Property Manager · Richmond, VA · Member since 2018 · 36 posts · 19 votes
7y
@Thomas W. I’m also in Richmond and recently seem to come across more deals than I can fund on my own. I also happen to be in “digital”. Let’s connect.