New Investor to Bay Area/Sacramento

New Investor to Bay Area/Sacramento

San Francisco, CA · Member since 2018 · 6 posts · 5 votes

Hello BP Members!

I recently moved into the Bay Area for a new job.  I am on a quest to educate myself in real estate within NorCal.  I am interested in Buy/Hold and Flips.  I know that investing is not ideal in the Bay Area/San Francisco area right now but I have taken interest in Sacramento.  I have a friend who lives there and tells me that the opportunity is growing within that market, especially for buy/holds.  

I am looking to connect with other investors & agents who know the area and have experience in investing there.  I have been doing my own diligence as well to self educate, but there is no better source than experience.  I look forward to many connections and conversations through this journey and hope to become a great source for others as well!

0Reply
17 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Developer · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2016 · 464 posts · 143 votes
    8y
    @Danny Oh what kind of capacity do you have for your ideal investment?
  • San Francisco, CA · Member since 2018 · 6 posts · 5 votes
    8y

    Hi Pavan,

    Can you be more specific?  I plan to do individual investments, as well as partnering with other people depending on the size of the opportunity.

  • Real Estate Broker · Oakland, CA · Member since 2010 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    8y

    Hi Danny, Welcome to the Bay Area!!! I was born and raised in the Oakland area so I know the market really well. I work with a lot of investors who invest in the Oakland and surrounding areas. The Bay Area market is slowing down a bit it's not as crazy. I'm seeing a lot of price reductions and expired listings due to over pricing. I think the Bay Area market will soon become a buyers market again. 

  • San Francisco, CA · Member since 2018 · 6 posts · 5 votes
    8y

    Thanks for reaching out Markeshia! I know that a lot has changed in Oakland over the years and will definitely be keeping both eyes out in the market.  Would you say that most investors are cash flowing in their rentals?

  • Specialist · Oakland, CA · Member since 2014 · 83 posts · 28 votes
    8y
    @Danny Oh That depends on the property, management, rent, etc......
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.