Western Michigan Buy and Hold Investing

Western Michigan Buy and Hold Investing

Shelby, MI 路 Member since 2018 路 10 posts 路 1 vote

Stopping by to say hello to everyone here at Bigger Pockets! I am new to Bigger Pockets, and relatively new to investing. I live in Shelby, on the West side of the state of Michigan. I have been doing property management for a friend for the past five years and three years ago my husband and I purchased a duplex and in the same year a single family home that we rent out. I am looking for others who are buy and hold investors and other landlords in the West Michigan area. We are working towards retirement, love what we are doing and plan to continue picking up properties for rentals. I am ready and eager to learn all I can! 

1Reply
27 views

Most Popular Reply

MI 路 Member since 2018 路 59 posts 路 78 votes
8y

Welcome! 馃憢

See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Trexie E.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Support 路 Davao, Davao del Sur 路 Member since 2015 路 937 posts 路 163 votes
    8y

    Hey @Malinda Bender

    Welcome to BP! We're happy to have you here and making connections! If you have questions all about BP, please feel free to reach out and I would be glad to help you! Happy Investing!

    BiggerPockets
  • Realtor 路 West Michigan 路 Member since 2017 路 105 posts 路 53 votes
    8y

    @Malinda Bender - welcome! I live in CA but own 5 properties in Western Michigan now. I'd love to network with you and see how we can help each other out. (I'll send you a colleague request now.)

  • Shelby, MI 路 Member since 2018 路 10 posts 路 1 vote
    8y

    Sounds great, thank you!

  • MI 路 Member since 2018 路 59 posts 路 78 votes
    8y

    Welcome! 馃憢

  • Ann Arbor, MI 路 Member since 2017 路 109 posts 路 52 votes
    8y
    Welcome Malinda Bender I am from the east side of the state, but we are considering investing on the west side since our market is so high right now.
  • Kalamazoo, MI 路 Member since 2016 路 45 posts 路 13 votes
    8y

    Greetings. I'm here not too far from you.

  • Shelby, MI 路 Member since 2018 路 10 posts 路 1 vote
    8y

    I am still trying to figure out this site, it is taking a while!

  • Rental Property Investor 路 Grand Rapids, MI 路 Member since 2018 路 46 posts 路 10 votes
    7y

    Hi all! I noticed there haven't been many replies to this thread for quite some time, but figured I'd reply anyway. I'm a new investor in the Grand Rapids area, looking to purchase my first investment property in the very near future. I'm currently planning towards investing in a multiplex 2 to 4 unit property. Would love to meet with others in the area! I know there are some other meetup groups already established, but I would also be interested in potentially starting up a new group if there is enough interest. 

    - Adam

  • Real Estate Professional 路 Rockford, MI 路 Member since 2015 路 301 posts 路 138 votes
    7y

    @Malinda Bender Hello!  From Grand Rapids here and run a small property management business.  I am also an investor and would love to connect if your ever in the area. 

  • Specialist 路 Grand Rapids, MI 路 Member since 2016 路 1k+ posts 路 611 votes
    7y

    @Adam Wallen @@Malinda Bender Welcome

    both. If you are looking to network the RPOA meetups are a good places to start on Monday.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.