Looking for Multi-family properties/neighborhoods in Jersey

Looking for Multi-family properties/neighborhoods in Jersey

New York, NY · Member since 2018 · 10 posts · 7 votes

Hi BiggerPockets community. My name is Brian. I joined this community to network and associate myself with like minded people. My goal is to  make my very first purchase by this summer. I'm aiming to purchase a 3-4 multi-family property and to live in one of the units to keep my living expenses at a minimum. I'm in penny pinching mode and am almost at 20% down (plus closing cost/reserves) on a specific price range. I have been searching for properties in the boroughs but have decided our best bet would be to start searching in Jersey (perferably close to midtown) as properties in Jersey seem to be less expensive for a 3-4 multi family house. I would really appreciate if there were any suggestions on up and coming neighborhoods in Jersey we should be looking into. Please send good vibes and if you have any pearls of wisdom, feel free to share!

1Reply
13 views

Most Popular Reply

Flipper/Rehabber · Fair Lawn NJ · Member since 2016 · 382 posts · 87 votes
8y

@Bryan Blankenship can you PM your realtors information in NJ? I grew up in paterson NJ, live in MD right now but looking to invest there. thanks 

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2014 · 538 posts · 432 votes
    8y

    Welcome @Brian Rivera !

    I don't know much about NJ or the areas you're seeking, but I've done a few deals there.  

    My agent Sergio Limonta was amazing there on our last deal in Paterson, NJ and he finds 2-3-4 unit MF all the time.  

    Best of luck sir!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Fair Lawn NJ · Member since 2016 · 382 posts · 87 votes
    8y

    @Bryan Blankenship can you PM your realtors information in NJ? I grew up in paterson NJ, live in MD right now but looking to invest there. thanks 

  • Investor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2014 · 538 posts · 432 votes
    8y
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.