New Member from Hammond/Ponchatoula, Louisiana

New Member from Hammond/Ponchatoula, Louisiana

Ponchatoula, LA · Member since 2018 · 3 posts · 4 votes

Hello everyone. I'm brand new to BP and much to learn with REI. My experience is limited to a light rehab of my own property and helping a friend with his complete fix and flips. His success and that of others has inspired me to pursue investing further. I live in a small town 45 minutes North of New Orleans and am a project manager in the manufacturing industry.

My initial goal is to fix and flip SFH, with a long term strategy to buy and hold for appreciation. I'm currently networking however I can, meeting investors and figuring out what market(s) I want to target.

I'm looking forward to learning from and adding value to the BP community.

Thanks,

Brian Douglas 

1Reply
34 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · New Orleans, LA · Member since 2012 · 968 posts · 747 votes
8y

Hi @Brian Douglas. Welcome to BP! This is the best site on the web for anything and everything related to REI. I'm both a realtor and investor in the New Orleans area. If I can be of service, let me know. Good luck and happy investing!

See this reply in the discussion

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · New Orleans, LA · Member since 2012 · 968 posts · 747 votes
    8y

    Hi @Brian Douglas. Welcome to BP! This is the best site on the web for anything and everything related to REI. I'm both a realtor and investor in the New Orleans area. If I can be of service, let me know. Good luck and happy investing!

  • Real Estate Agent · Denham Springs, LA · Member since 2017 · 226 posts · 159 votes
    8y

    Hey @Brian Douglas.  Finding this site was one of the best thing that's ever happened to my investment career.  I'm also a Realtor and investor, but the opposite direction of @Braden Smith.  I'm in Denham Springs.  Read up and check out the podcasts... there are a ton of them, and still new ones coming out all the time.  

  • Dave VisayaPro Member
    Moderator
    Audio Engineer and Investor · Cebu City, Cebu · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 881 votes
    8y

    Hello @Brian Douglas, welcome to the site! It's great to have you here.

    BiggerPockets
  • Ponchatoula, LA · Member since 2018 · 3 posts · 4 votes
    8y

    Thanks for the welcome everyone. I'm glad to be here.

  • Abita Springs , LA · Member since 2017 · 80 posts · 43 votes
    8y

    Hello @Brian Douglas and welcome! Awesome goals for your first year investing. 

    We are planning a small meet up in Covington sometime Feb 13 or 14th. Check out this post for the latest info and time/location... https://www.biggerpockets.com/-covington-mandeville-madisonville-louisiana-real-estate-group Maybe yall can make it 

  • Investor · New Orleans, LA · Member since 2017 · 336 posts · 148 votes
    8y
    Welcome to the site Brian Douglas ! I'm an investor and wholesaler in the St. Tammany area. If I can help in any way, let me know. Pablo mentioned a great forum for a BP meet up. I'll be there when it's decided. Hope to see you then!
  • Andrew SyriosPro Member
    Moderator
    Residential Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    8y

    Welcome aboard Brian!

  • Investor · Metairie, LA · Member since 2016 · 21 posts · 11 votes
    8y

    Welcome to the club, cool man i’m In Nola as well but i visit my families property up in Hammond once or twice a month to check in on things and maybe hit up the main strip in old Hammond, some of those bars are pretty fun... but yea i love talking shop as well if you want to talk shop and figure out where your going to go and what sorts of properties you want to focus on i’d Love to grab a cup of coffee.

  • Rental Property Investor · La Place, LA · Member since 2014 · 109 posts · 82 votes
    8y

    Welcome to the site!  I'm pretty close to you in Laplace.  Let me know if I can help you in any way.

  • Ben RothwellPro Member
    New Orleans, LA · Member since 2016 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    8y

    Hi Brian,

    I'm in New Orleans and am also a new investor.  I'm looking to start investing down here but I have been curious about what's available in Hammond, especially with regards to student housing near SLU.  Thanks for reaching out and hopefully we can be of help to each other.

    Ben

  • Ponchatoula, LA · Member since 2016 · 35 posts · 39 votes
    8y
    Hi Brian, I’m in Ponchatoula, my wife and I competed our first flip last year in downtown Hammond. Currently downsizing my personal residence and will be saving to purchase our next property in the next 12 months. I’ve got a friend who is an agent/investor who got me in/out of the flip. He’s pretty good about sharing pocket deals and off market stuff. Welcome to BP! Derek
  • Ponchatoula, LA · Member since 2018 · 3 posts · 4 votes
    8y

    @Braden Smith & @Shaun R., thanks for reaching out. I'll PM you guys and try to link up.

    @Dave Visaya, appreciate the welcome!

    @Pablo Mendez & @Courtney Fricke, I'll check the meet up info out and hopefully make the next one. Also, I'll be reaching out regarding wholesaling deals soon.

    @Andrew Syrios, thank you sir!

    @Denver Gray, I'm very familiar with the Hammond area (all the older bars from the college days). I work in the Kenner area so, I have interest there also. I'll reach out and see if we can connect on either side of the lake. Coffee on me

    @John Lewis, thanks. Are you active in the Laplace market?

    @Ben Rothwell, I know the area well. Let me know if you head this way, we can meet up and I'll share what I know about the area.

    @Derek Duplechin, thanks for the welcome. It would be great to meet soon and grab some coffee?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.