San Diego newby eager to shadow & provide value (flippers/invest)

San Diego newby eager to shadow & provide value (flippers/invest)

San Diego, CA · Member since 2017 · 6 posts · 0 votes

Hello all! Excited to finally post on BP!

My name is Max Miera and I live in San Diego, CA. Moved here from Las Vegas, NV 6 years ago. After listening to dozens of BP podcasts and diving into a few books I feel it's time to get out in the field for some hands-on! 

I'm looking to get involved with flippers/investors and do whatever I can to help YOU!!  Can help with simple day-to-day tasks that you don't have the time to do. Anything from cleaning, demo, going to home depot, etc.. I just want to get involved.

Right now my focus is on wholesaling to build up some cash. Open to any and all advice!

Excited to invest. Excited to learn. Excited to meet everyone I can!

Happy Holidays,

Max Miera

0Reply
8 views

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Dave VisayaPro Member
    Moderator
    Audio Engineer and Investor · Cebu City, Cebu · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 881 votes
    8y

    Hello @Max Miera, welcome to BiggerPockets! Definitely start jumping into the community here and feel free to ask any questions related to Real Estate investing!

    BiggerPockets
  • Kevin FoxPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · San Diego, CA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 635 votes
    8y

    Hey @Max Miera

    Welcome to BP!

    Please feel free to reach out if you ever have any questions about investing in San Diego real estate or REI in general.

    Always happy to help!

  • Wholesaler · Fairfield, CA · Member since 2017 · 472 posts · 145 votes
    8y

    @Kevin Fox

    Wholesaling is pretty simple; you are a marketer trying to get properties under contract to sell to investors for a fee. The big issue as a beginner is properly using comps to get ARV and estimating repairs. MY experience so far has been that these 2 things sound easy but are difficult to KNOW you are doing them right without experience. I would use meetup.com to meet local investors that are willing to let you walk you around some properties or help you estimate repairs (based off pictures you take of interested sellers' properties) and in exchange you give those guys first dibs on the properties you find.

    After you get a first deal wholesale then check up on that property to see how much repairs were compared to what you estimated them to be. 

    Good luck man and go get em!

  • San Diego, CA · Member since 2017 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    Thanks for the warm welcome guys! I very much appreciate the advice and hope to meet you all in person soon. 

    Definitely agree on the correlation between inexperience and proper repair cost/ARV. Excited to learn!

  • San Diego, CA · Member since 2017 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    @Kevin Fox do you have any advice on literature for estimating repair cost? 

  • Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2017 · 20 posts · 7 votes
    8y

    Welcome Max!

  • Real Estate Agent · San Diego, CA · Member since 2016 · 43 posts · 17 votes
    8y
    You can pm me to chat about a couple of projects I have. You might be able to help me out and learn about my flips and buy and holds.
  • Kevin FoxPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · San Diego, CA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 635 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Cody Evans:

    @Kevin Fox

    Wholesaling is pretty simple; you are a marketer trying to get properties under contract to sell to investors for a fee. The big issue as a beginner is properly using comps to get ARV and estimating repairs. MY experience so far has been that these 2 things sound easy but are difficult to KNOW you are doing them right without experience. I would use meetup.com to meet local investors that are willing to let you walk you around some properties or help you estimate repairs (based off pictures you take of interested sellers' properties) and in exchange you give those guys first dibs on the properties you find.

    After you get a first deal wholesale then check up on that property to see how much repairs were compared to what you estimated them to be. 

    Good luck man and go get em!

     Was I supposed to be mentioned in this? Haha

  • Kevin FoxPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · San Diego, CA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 635 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Max Miera:

    @Kevin Fox do you have any advice on literature for estimating repair cost? 

    There really isn’t any incredibly solid literature out there for estimating costs in markets like SD, at least not that I’ve been able to find. 

    With that said, it’s definitely an area I can help with. Let me know if you have questions about anything in particular and I’d be happy to answer them to the best of my ability. 

  • Real Estate Agent · San Diego, CA · Member since 2016 · 43 posts · 17 votes
    8y
    Max Miera let’s connect to see if the investment I am doing interest u. PM me if u want.
  • Wholesaler · Fairfield, CA · Member since 2017 · 472 posts · 145 votes
    8y

    Hahaha sorry i can be absent minded sometimes!

  • San Diego, CA · Member since 2017 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    Loving all the input! You guys are awesome. I've been looking on the Events page and don't see too many REI meetups in the future. Anything you guys are going to outside of BP?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.