New Member - New to REI in Georgia

New Member - New to REI in Georgia

Cumming, GA · Member since 2017 · 32 posts · 38 votes

Good Afternoon,

My name is Matt.  I am just now starting to invest in real estate.  My first "flip" happened by chance. My first house I bought from foreclosure at a STEAL.  Held it for 7 years, during which time I fixed it up, and then after moving out held it as a rental for nearly 3 years before selling it to another investor at a profit.  At this point, I am looking to get started in flip opportunities until I can cash flow hold properties.

I currently own and operate my own business in Alpharetta GA and I am looking to use the profits from my current business to get me started in my investing business.

I look forward to connecting with experienced investors as well as newbies like myself.

3Reply
5 views

Most Popular Reply

Michael S.Pro Member
Biggerpockets Support · Las Pinas, Metro Manila · Member since 2015 · 7k+ posts · 1k+ votes
9y

Welcome to BP Matt. Glad to have you joined the community

BiggerPockets
See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Michael S.Pro Member
    Biggerpockets Support · Las Pinas, Metro Manila · Member since 2015 · 7k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    Welcome to BP Matt. Glad to have you joined the community

    BiggerPockets
  • Dave VisayaPro Member
    Moderator
    Audio Engineer and Investor · Cebu City, Cebu · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 881 votes
    9y

    Hello @Matthew White, welcome to BiggerPockets! It is great to have you and please feel free to jump in the community - there are certainly great people around here!

    BiggerPockets
  • Real Estate Agent · Smyrna, GA · Member since 2014 · 185 posts · 101 votes
    9y

    @Matthew White welcome to BP. The podcasts and forums are an amazing place to get questions answered and plan your investment strategies. I've also met several people here I've been able to do deals with and co-host networking events so definitely stay plugged in. I'm here to help if you need anything.

  • Cumming, GA · Member since 2017 · 32 posts · 38 votes
    9y

    @Deborah Pyburn, Thank you for the note.  I am currently building my network in the NorthEast Metro ATL area.  I do want to partake in some events and network with smarter people than myself.

    I have been listening to the Podcasts for a while.  I have listened to well over 100 of them, still trying to work through them all.  Great content.

  • Rehabber/Contractor/Business Manager · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2015 · 140 posts · 70 votes
    9y

    Hi @Matthew White, welcome aboard. I've been investing in the North Atlanta Metro area for about 2 years now as well as running my contracting business specializing in helping other investors, and sometimes homeowners, with their projects. 

    Message me if you would like to talk, I live in South Forsyth County.

    - Chris

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    9y

    @Matthew White

    Welcome to the BP family! Great that you joined the site! Here are some recommendations for you:

    Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: http://www.biggerpockets.com/meet
    Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts
    Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing
    Check out BP Podcasts: http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/category/podcast/

    Wishing you the best!

  • Cumming, GA · Member since 2017 · 32 posts · 38 votes
    9y

    @Chris Brown Thank you for welcoming me.  I would love to chat with you some.  It appears we are in the same area.  I actually reside in Western Forsyth (On the side of Sawnee Mountain) just west of downtown Cumming.  I am looking to make a purchase relatively soon.  I see you are actively flipping, so we may be able to collaborate some.

    Seeing how I am new, I will gladly help out anyway I can.  Just let me know how I can help you.  I look forward to meeting you sometime soon.

    - Matt

  • Cumming, GA · Member since 2017 · 32 posts · 38 votes
    9y

    @Dmitriy Fomichenko Thank you for the warm welcome.  I look forward to diving in and getting to know everyone in and around my area.  Additionally, thank you for those resources.  I have been devouring the podcasts as well as checking out the various events in my area.

    Best of luck to you.

  • Cumming, GA · Member since 2017 · 32 posts · 38 votes
    9y

    @Dave Visaya Thanks for the shout out.  I look forward to meeting everyone and taking in as much information as my brain can.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.