Newbie looking for opportunities in Washington County, Utah

Newbie looking for opportunities in Washington County, Utah

Raleigh, NC · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 4 votes

Hello! I am Jihyoung (pronounced G-Young) and I'm making plans to move to St. George, Utah (Washington County) by the end of the year. My first goal is to purchase a duplex (househacking) there.  I have purchased two homes before, but I'm very new at RE investing.

I look forward to successful RE investments with the members here. :-)

1Reply
22 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Saint George, UT · Member since 2017 · 54 posts · 40 votes
9y

@Jihyoung Kim, I am both an investor and RE agent in St George and would be happy to help you in anyway I can.

See this reply in the discussion

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Michael S.Pro Member
    Biggerpockets Support · Las Pinas, Metro Manila · Member since 2015 · 7k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    Welcome to the Biggerpockets community Jihyoung and all the best on the duplex house hack.  

    BiggerPockets
  • Dave VisayaPro Member
    Moderator
    Audio Engineer and Investor · Cebu City, Cebu · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 881 votes
    9y

    Hello @Jihyoung Kim, welcome to the site! It's great to have you here.

    BiggerPockets
  • Raleigh, NC · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 4 votes
    9y

    Thank you for the welcome replies, @Michael S. and @Dave Visaya.  I received a notification that I got one vote on this post.  What does that mean?

  • Investor · Moscow, ID · Member since 2017 · 107 posts · 76 votes
    9y

    @Jihyoung Kim

    It generally means someone agrees with what you have written. You can see the voting interface right below your picture in a thread. 

  • Raleigh, NC · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 4 votes
    9y

    @Travis Dawson Thanks for the explanation. I see on your profile that you got a duplex. Congrats! Live in one and rent the other is exactly the plan I want to start my REI with. I'm studying the courses here on BP everyday, and want to compare notes with you soon. Let's connect.

  • Investor · Moscow, ID · Member since 2017 · 107 posts · 76 votes
    9y

    Gladly :)

  • Dave VisayaPro Member
    Moderator
    Audio Engineer and Investor · Cebu City, Cebu · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 881 votes
    9y

    @Jihyoung Kim basically a vote means just like a "like" but it also notify others that this was a good response/forum

    BiggerPockets
  • Rental Property Investor · Saint George, UT · Member since 2017 · 54 posts · 40 votes
    9y

    @Jihyoung Kim, I am both an investor and RE agent in St George and would be happy to help you in anyway I can.

  • Investor · Spanish Fork, UT · Member since 2017 · 18 posts · 5 votes
    9y
    Chris Potter Our next property will be in the St. George area (Washington perhaps). We will be looking for a vacation home that we can rent out when not using it. Our friends have one that is legal right off I-15 in Washington (can't think of the name of the complex but it has the fishing pond, pool, etc). I'm mad we didn't buy when they did a couple years back, but oh well. Where do you recommend for what I'm looking for? We do want it to be legal for short term vacation rentals. We won't be ready for this property this year but I'd love your two cents worth.
  • Rental Property Investor · Saint George, UT · Member since 2017 · 54 posts · 40 votes
    9y

    @Katie Stone, vacation rentals (legal ones) have gone up considerably in value.  We just listed a coral ridge townhome for $400k.  At one point they were selling for $225-$250k.  I think it's a great way to break even on a property and be able to use it quite a bit throughout the year but that's the only way I think it makes sense, if you use it more than a week or two during the year.  Let me know when you are ready to buy and we would be happy to help you out

  • Investor · Spanish Fork, UT · Member since 2017 · 18 posts · 5 votes
    9y
    Chris Potter Yes it is in coral ridge. We could've bought brand new 4 bedroom for 206k several years ago. Makes me sick they're going for 400k now!! That doesn't quite seem worth it to me. When we're ready I'll for sure be in touch!
  • Raleigh, NC · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 4 votes
    9y

    @Chris Potter Thanks so much for your reply!  Yes, I'd love to get your insights and learn from your experience.  I'll send you a colleague request.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.