New member from Edwardsville, IL/ St. Louis, MO area

New member from Edwardsville, IL/ St. Louis, MO area

Edwardsville, IL · Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 2 votes

Hello! My name is Dane Jackson and I am TOTALLY new to Real Estate investing. I am 24 and currently a student looking to build wealth for the long term. I currently am not involved at all in any sort of real estate however I have begun to invest in other platforms to build my savings to begin investing in real estate. 

I actually heard about BP through my learning of stock investing and why real estate might be better in the long term. I listened to the podcast and instantly got hooked. I am currently reading the UBG and plan on reading as many real estate books as possible to learn everything I can until I am ready (financially) to jump in.

I am looking to learn as much as I can and meet people who can help me achieve my goals of long term wealth. I am so new that I don't have any specific long term goals but I hope to buy my first multifamily (as my personal residence while using it to learn the ropes to buy and hold investing) in the next few years as I finish university. I'm super excited to be a part of a community with the same common goal of successful investing!

1Reply
7 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Knoxville, TN · Member since 2017 · 34 posts · 16 votes
    9y

    Welcome to BP Dane!

  • Dave VisayaPro Member
    Moderator
    Audio Engineer and Investor · Cebu City, Cebu · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 881 votes
    9y

    Hello @Dane Jackson, welcome to BiggerPockets! It is great to have you and please feel free to jump in the community - there are certainly great people around here!

    BiggerPockets
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.