New to BP and real estate investing

New to BP and real estate investing

Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2017 · 20 posts · 10 votes

Hello BP!  My name is Tyler and live in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.  I've worked in healthcare primarily ICU for the past 9 years in hospitals around the metro and Norman.  What I really want is to be able to pass on beautiful properties to my future kids and have something grow in value beyond my time here.  Does anyone have any suggestions for a knowledgeable real estate agent that markets in multi-family properties?

I'm looking forward to being apart of the BP forum and learning all I can from each of you, thanks.

1Reply
16 views

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Dave VisayaPro Member
    Moderator
    Audio Engineer and Investor · Cebu City, Cebu · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 881 votes
    9y

    Hello @Tyler Heard, welcome to the site! Here are some good places to start: 

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/meet- find and connect with other BP members that are in your area.

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts - Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you.
    And, of course the
    http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums - ask any question about real estate!
    See you around!

    BiggerPockets
  • Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2017 · 20 posts · 10 votes
    9y

    Thanks Dave!

  • Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2017 · 7 posts · 2 votes
    9y
    Tyler Heard of you want, reach out to me on Facebook and I can connect you with an agent. Brett Boone is one I highly recommend. I know I asked him the other day about duplexes and he said that he has some. Feel free to add me as a friend and we can chat.
  • Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2017 · 20 posts · 10 votes
    9y

    Appreciate the advice Jason

  • Rhett TullisBusiness Member
    Property Manager · Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 617 votes
    9y

    shoot me a msg i can put you in touch with a few folks.  

  • Yukon, OK · Member since 2016 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    Hey @Tyler Heard! I am also a new REI in OKC, and I also have worked in healthcare for 9 years. I would recommend looking into a local REIA (real estate investor association). OKC REIA meets at the crown plaza hotel on NW expressway in NW OKC. I've started going to the meetings and I am meeting tons of people from RE agents, other REIs (duh), wholesalers, flippers, and private money lenders. It is one of the best way to connect with local REIs.

  • Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2017 · 20 posts · 10 votes
    9y

    Thanks, I'll check into it.   

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.