Newbie/Wannabe Investor from DFW Texas Area

Newbie/Wannabe Investor from DFW Texas Area

Melissa, TX · Member since 2017 · 5 posts · 3 votes

Hi Y'all! 

I just moved to the North Dallas area (originally from Utah, and most recently Georgia) and me and my husband are looking to purchase our first investment property in the next 12 months. 

My husband has wanted to invest in real estate for a long time but it has always seemed really intimidating to me. He's really excited and passionate about it so I am here to learn as much as I can so that I can help to make this successful for our family. I have no real estate experience (other than having purchased/sold three homes that we have personally lived in) and feel like I am starting from square one so any encouragement or advice on where to start would be super helpful. I am feeling a bit overwhelmed with everything I have to learn and am not really sure where exactly to start with all the information that is out there! 

I am excited to get to know more of you :) 

1Reply
17 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Andrew PostellPro Member
    Lender · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2016 · 8k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    9y

    @Erin Rose thanks for reaching out and welcome to Dallas and Bigger Pockets!  I would try to see if there are any investor networking groups in your area - try to google it or maybe even try meetup.com 

    Yeehaw!

  • Melissa, TX · Member since 2017 · 5 posts · 3 votes
    9y

    @Andrew Postell Thank you for the welcome and the excellent advice! I will definitely be looking for some local groups I can join. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.