New: Geospatial Analyst, Michigan (Okemos, East Lansing, Lansing)

New: Geospatial Analyst, Michigan (Okemos, East Lansing, Lansing)

Investor · Lansing, MI · Member since 2017 · 22 posts · 21 votes

Hi BP'ers!

I'm a new member living in Lansing, Michigan and I'm about to graduate from Michigan State University with an MS in Urban Planning. Go State! I currently own 2 SFR's in Lansing, one I live in, one I'm fixing up. In fact, that is how I found BP - I was searching for some fixer-upper advice on Google. I'm going to list both of them soon so I can relocate.

I'm originally from Bloomington, Indiana. Go Hoosiers! Bloomington is where I earned my BA in Geography. 

Did I say I'm graduating soon? Well I am. it would be ideal if I could score a salary job where I can both! And, I want to find my new job in a hot real estate market that still has room to grow. That way I can augment my vertical job income with some horizontal passive income (a little something I picked up on from BP podcast with Pat Hiban).

0Reply
20 views

Most Popular Reply

Michael S.Pro Member
Biggerpockets Support · Las Pinas, Metro Manila · Member since 2015 · 7k+ posts · 1k+ votes
9y

Welcome to Biggerpockets @Ben Fraser and great to have you in the community. 

BiggerPockets
See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Michael S.Pro Member
    Biggerpockets Support · Las Pinas, Metro Manila · Member since 2015 · 7k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    Welcome to Biggerpockets @Ben Fraser and great to have you in the community. 

    BiggerPockets
  • Investor · Lansing, MI · Member since 2017 · 22 posts · 21 votes
    8y
    Hi Michael Sato , Thank you sir! And hey, I just got an offer on my first Lansing, MI SFR and, God willing, I will close the week of the 16th-22nd. That still leaves me with my second SFR in Lansing and my newest acquisition, an SFR in Haslett, MI. I did try to get into MF after House-1 but I couldn't meet those price points and still get quality properties at the time and the deals on House-2 and House-3 were incredible. Still, I'm keeping my eyes peeled while I continue to get House-2 and House-3 ready for rental (not sure which one I will rent first). That I've done all this while I have been looking for my dream job has only been possible with major help from the BP community! Thank you! All the best, Ben
  • Dave VisayaPro Member
    Moderator
    Audio Engineer and Investor · Cebu City, Cebu · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 881 votes
    8y

    Hello @Ben Fraser, welcome to BiggerPockets! Definitely start jumping into the community here and feel free to ask any questions related to Real Estate investing!

    BiggerPockets
  • Investor · Member since 2022 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Ben Fraser:
    Hi Michael Sato , Thank you sir! And hey, I just got an offer on my first Lansing, MI SFR and, God willing, I will close the week of the 16th-22nd. That still leaves me with my second SFR in Lansing and my newest acquisition, an SFR in Haslett, MI. I did try to get into MF after House-1 but I couldn't meet those price points and still get quality properties at the time and the deals on House-2 and House-3 were incredible. Still, I'm keeping my eyes peeled while I continue to get House-2 and House-3 ready for rental (not sure which one I will rent first). That I've done all this while I have been looking for my dream job has only been possible with major help from the BP community! Thank you! All the best, Ben

     Hi Michael, do you think its good to invest in Condo as student rental in Okemos MI ? I recently visited Okemos and impressed by how big Michigan State University is. I know its been while you posted this, Congratulations on your first deal.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.