New to Real Estate · Canterbury, NH · Member since 2015 · 7 posts · 4 votes
Hello all! I have been a non active member of BP for several years now and I listen to the podcasts but do not do much on this website and I'm looking to change that. I am writing this introduction just days after my first flip! Which is pretty excited and I'm looking to do more. For my background I am NH licensed real estate agent however I stopped doing it full time (after about two years) back in September when I took a full time job as Computer Tech (needed more steady income with a daughter on the way).
My first flip was a foreclosure that I bought back in January 2016. I learned a lot and am going to post my experience in success stories.
My goal is eventually to acquire multi-families and build passive income for retirement someday. I'm 28 right now and worst case I would like to retire by 60 but hopefully gain financial freedom before then and maybe retire early. I still really need to sit down and figure out my goal exactly so I can plan my path to get there. Look for my post on my first flip soon and I look forward to interacting a lot more on here with everyone.
Investor · Walpole, NH · Member since 2015 · 42 posts · 5 votes
9y
Welcome to BP @Matt Burt! Glad you were successful on your first attempt. How is the market up north? We are investing between keene and claremont, with a couple fix and flips under our belt and some buy and holds. Things still feel a bit slow, we ended up holding our last flip in claremont for 10 month(still making a profit, but learned that value of price reductions). How fast are things moving up north?
Investor · Campton, NH · Member since 2010 · 285 posts · 143 votes
9y
I mostly function between Franconia Notch and Tilton and I'm happy to help out where appropriate. I'm looking for deals up this way and have had good success with partners. Did 75+ deals between 2003 and 2008, then we unfortunately lost all of our inventory 2008 thru 2013..... took several years to work through selling most of our stuff at a loss, so now I'm back to CAREFULLY rebuilding and have added in my KW realty biz too. The market is certainly much slower north of Concord, but some stuff does move quickly, it's just a case of doing decent due diligence on what's selling and in which particular towns. Always less risk to be selling 1970's and newer homes that are not so much out-in-the-sticks - buyers fall off significantly the more rural you get and days on market increases etc. It's fairly challenging to get decent deals up here, just gotta keep grinding away!
New to Real Estate · Canterbury, NH · Member since 2015 · 7 posts · 4 votes
9y
@Bradley Tetu The market up here is slower than downstate but it is getting better. The average days on market for closed listing a year ago was probably around 150 days today its probably closer to 100. So still slow compared to downstate but heating up.