Future Young Real Estate Investor in Dayton, Ohio

Future Young Real Estate Investor in Dayton, Ohio

Dayton, OH · Member since 2017 · 3 posts · 1 vote
Hello everyone! My name is Joey Biehn and I'm currently living in Dayton, Ohio and would like to start new ventures in the real estate market. I'm 20 years old and I am very intrigued with the idea of investing in real estate. I am in school for industrial engineering and plan to pursue a career in that trade, however I want to have strong presence in REI as well. I'm still living at home and if I work my numbers correctly, may be able to move out and make some money while doing so. I've spent hours watching videos and absorbing as much information as possible. I work out numbers in my free time because I'm genuinely enthusiastic about it. I feel that my mind is wired in such a way that REI could come naturally to me. My short term goal is a BMW, although would like to grow my real estate empire to the point where it would be equal if not greater than the income I will receive from industrial engineering. It's a big step for a college kid, yet it seems so attainable it's hard to pass the opportunity. Although a 9-5 would give me good income, I want to make money working the system, on my own terms. As any typical 20 year old I don't like to be told what to do throughout the day, I want to have control over the money I make and have the satisfaction of knowing "I did that". My family has had rental properties in the past, and I'm certain if I present my numbers with confidence and reassure the returns, I may be able to get a head start capital wise. I currently have not made any contacts or networked with other local investors however I would like to start attending seminars and learning from anyone that I can. I am very confident with what I can achieve in the future in this market and cannot wait to see where it leads me!
0Reply
10 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Dayton, OH · Member since 2017 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    9y
    Sorry about the double post. Very unprofessional of me
  • Dayton, OH · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 0 votes
    9y
    Nice to meet you Joey. Smart 20 year old. I live in Belmont and am in the process of expanding past my first homehacking project. (It's how I could afford to pay for my worthless degree while roommates paid my mortgage) Get ahold of me sometime if you'd like to strategize, I'm also in route to getting my real estate license currently. At the very least I may have some books you'd like to read. Good luck!
  • Rental Property Investor · Carlisle, PA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 543 votes
    9y

    @Joey Biehn, welcome to BP and congrats on putting a plan together early.  I think if you talk to most investors on here, a large majority would say they wish they got started earlier.  Check out the podcasts and get active in the forums.  The education and network will prove to be extremely valuable.  Good luck!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.