Newbie from Philadelphia PA looking to make friends!

Newbie from Philadelphia PA looking to make friends!

Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 4 votes

Hi,

I'm a new member from Philadelphia PA. I'm a young professional in my early 30's, and looking to meet new folks through BiggerPockets. 

  1. I enjoy watching sports, video and tabletop games, listening to podcasts, reading a good book on a early weekend morning, hiking and camping, and above all spending time with family and friends. 
  2. I'm also interested in learning woodworking and DIY home repairs.
  3. Little known fact about me.. I oddly find it cathartic when folding my laundry.

I found BiggerPockets through it's podcast, and hope to share insights with other individuals as we navigate through the journey of rental property ownership!

Regards,

Daming

3Reply
25 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
9y

Welcome to BP.  I encourage all those in the SE PA area to check out DIG for real estate networking and education: http://digonline.org/

And anybody who owns rentals within the Philadelphia city limits should look into HAPCO as well.

See this reply in the discussion

21 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Property Manager · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2015 · 515 posts · 196 votes
    9y

    @Daming Chung Welcome to Bigger Pockets!

  • Real Estate Broker · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2016 · 569 posts · 351 votes
    9y

    Hello! Mr. Daming,

    WELCOME to BP community, the key for your success and hope you will be more successful.

  • Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 4 votes
    9y

    Thanks @Kai Kopsch!

  • Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 4 votes
    9y

    Thanks @Joe White! Are you aware of any BiggerPockets Philadelphia area meetups or discussions? I'd be interested in meeting other folks that are active on BiggerPockets.

  • Property Manager · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2015 · 515 posts · 196 votes
    9y

    Check out Diversified Investors Group (DIG).

  • Professional · Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    @Daming Chung

    You have come to the right place to connect with the wide array of real estate professionals and investors. Make sure to view the Bigger Pockets book store: https://www.biggerpockets.com/store

  • Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2016 · 142 posts · 26 votes
    9y

    Welcome @Daming Chung I am also a newbie looking for possible partners and advice.

  • Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2014 · 351 posts · 80 votes
    9y

    @Daming Chung Welcome to BP, good to have you here

  • Radford, VA · Member since 2016 · 75 posts · 19 votes
    9y

    @Daming Chung

    Welcome to BP, Daming. I'm a newbie also, and like you, find it cathartic folding clean laundry...and even washing dishes. Do you have any experience with RE investing? How did you get started or first become interested? What are your goals? 

  • Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 4 votes
    9y

    @Mark Nolan My apologies for the delayed response, but thank you for your comment! I am certainly going to be looking into Bigger Pockets store materials in addition to the wealth of resources widely available on this website.

  • Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 4 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Scott C.:

    Welcome @Daming Chung I am also a newbie looking for possible partners and advice.

    Welcome to the newbie club as well! I'm looking to connect with both experienced and inexperienced individuals as we navigate through real estate investing!

  • Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 4 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Ryan Cameron:

    @Daming Chung Welcome to BP, good to have you here

    Thanks Ryan! Are you actively involved in any Philadelphia area based Bigger Pockets meet-ups or groups?

  • Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 4 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Karen Harris:

    @Daming Chung

    Welcome to BP, Daming. I'm a newbie also, and like you, find it cathartic folding clean laundry...and even washing dishes. Do you have any experience with RE investing? How did you get started or first become interested? What are your goals? 

     I'm inexperienced, but currently soaking up as much as I can to learn the ropes. My primary goal is to land my first rental property purchase. From many folks in the real estate community, I hear crossing that hurdle greatly increases one's understanding of the real estate market. How about yourself?

  • Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2014 · 351 posts · 80 votes
    9y

    @Daming Chung I am not in any groups currently. I went to a few ending 2016. I promised myself to attend a DIG group this year. Working on a property Rehab now (My first of 2017!). Though I am not a "newbie", I am still learning everyday. Every project, I learn something new (Either about the business of contracting, financial products, Title companies, Tenant screening, and the City).

  • Investor · Reading, PA · Member since 2013 · 13 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    Welcome neighbor..

  • Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    9y

    Welcome to BP.  I encourage all those in the SE PA area to check out DIG for real estate networking and education: http://digonline.org/

    And anybody who owns rentals within the Philadelphia city limits should look into HAPCO as well.

  • Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2017 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    9y
    Daming Chung Welcome! We are similar situations. I'm just getting started as well
  • Havertown, PA · Member since 2014 · 21 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    What's up Danming. I'm also from Philadelphia. I'm new to investing as well and am currently in a Jumpstart Germantown program.

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    9y

    @Daming Chung

    Welcome to the BP family! Here are some recommendations for you:

    Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: http://www.biggerpockets.com/meet
    Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts
    Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing
    Check out BP Podcasts: http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/category/podcast/

    Wishing you the best!

  • Rental Property Investor · Carlisle, PA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 543 votes
    9y

    @Daming Chung, welcome to BP.  This is a great site for learning and networking.  Good luck with the journey!

  • Morrisville, PA · Member since 2017 · 8 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    @Daming Chung, Welcome. I have just joined myself and from the greater Philadelphia area. It's great to meet someone who is starting out as well and enjoys tabletop gaming! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.