New investor from Fayetteville, NC

New investor from Fayetteville, NC

Real Estate Investor · Raeford, NC · Member since 2017 · 11 posts · 3 votes

Hello everyone,

I'm Josh Barker and relatively new to the Real Estate world. I've been reading books, researching, doing online training (through mentorship program) since July 2016. 

I'm currently  doing my first flip on a single family home and just about to put it on the market. I'm focused on doing "fix and flips" and "wholesaling" right now since my full time job is being in the Army but will eventually branch out once we move to a place (3-5 years) to settle down with rentals and long term investments. After 12 years, I'm looking to get out soon due to medical reasons. My wife is a Real Estate Agent with Keller Williams so that means we'll be hitting it from both sides. 

I love Real Estate and really excited to get this momentum started. Any and all advice is welcomed. I love learning and catch on quickly. 

Looking forward to speaking with you all,

Josh 

2Reply
23 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 601 votes
9y

Welcome @Joshua Barker. Glad to have you on here. Hope the flip goes well. Have fun!

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Mortgage Consultant · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2016 · 181 posts · 53 votes
    9y
    Welcome Joshua Barker I too am in the military and looking to invest in Fayetteville. We have similar goals. I think it's great your wife is already an agent. Gives you a huge advantage as a wholesaler and flipper. Keeps more money in house for you guys. I too think real estate is great and hope to do well in the industry. Good luck to you. FYI there's rei groups on meetup that you can look into. I'm in a few myself and think it's a great way to network. Check it out. Good luck to you and your wife Mike
  • Professional · Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    @Joshua Barker

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets. A great resource is the webinars section of the website. https://www.biggerpockets.com/proreplay

  • Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 601 votes
    9y

    Welcome @Joshua Barker. Glad to have you on here. Hope the flip goes well. Have fun!

  • Smithfield, NC · Member since 2016 · 30 posts · 22 votes
    9y

    Welcome. I'm also active duty but at Pope. I'd be interested to see what you area you focus on for wholesaling. I'm in the market for small 2-4 unit multi family's around Fayetrville.

    There's a meetup coming up 25 Jan if you can make it. I'll be TDY but hoping to make them in the future.  https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521/topics/393509-fayetteville-nc-real-estate-investors-meetup

  • Boston, MA · Member since 2016 · 32 posts · 7 votes
    9y

    @Joshua Barker Welcome to BP!

    I highly recommend taking some time to view this video on all the ways BiggerPockets can help you become a rockstar in the real estate space! This will give you a more in-depth understanding of how to navigate the BP website.

    Click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26tnbcg2mN0

    If you have any questions or need anything at all, don’t hesitate to PM me.

    Best of luck to you,

    Willy

  • Joseph DrutherPro Member
    Investor · Southern Pines, NC · Member since 2014 · 339 posts · 171 votes
    9y

    @Joshua Barker Come on out to our group meeting tonight at Hickory Tavern in Southern Pines. 6:30-9:30, you can meet some local investors here in Moore county. Hope to see you there.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.