Nebraska Real Estate Investors

Nebraska Real Estate Investors

Gretna, NE · Member since 2016 · 15 posts · 2 votes

Hello!

Our names are Kelly and Trino. We are from Omaha, Nebraska. My husband, Trino, is a dentist in the Omaha area. He owns his own Comfort Dental practice. I'm currently a school psychologist, but I'm transitioning into a full-time real estate investor. We have a 2 year old daughter and one on the way! Our journey has brought us to Bigger Pockets, and we couldn't be more excited/nervous.

We are new to this community and about 6 month old landlords. Our transition into leasing was pretty easy, because we bought a home while Trino was still in school back in 2013. In April of 2016, we purchased a new home and rented our first one. We are cash-flowing $333, and have been addicted to learning as much as we can about this vast field of real estate investing. We are in the process of purchasing our first duplex, and will close the deal on December 22nd if all goes well!

We are here to learn and connect with all of you wonderful people! The podcasts are awesome, and have been a source of excellent information. We frequent Nebraska and surrounding areas such as Denver, Des Moines, Council Bluffs, Kansas City, KS and Missouri. We would love to get to know you and see you in the Marketplace.

Have a great day!

-Kelly and Trino

2Reply
98 views

Most Popular Reply

Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
9y

@Kelly Nuno

Welcome to the BP family! You came to the right place to learn all about real estate investing! Here are some recommendations for you:

Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: http://www.biggerpockets.com/meet
Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts
Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing
Check out BP Podcasts: http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/category/podcast/

If you wish to tag someone in the conversation on the forum, type @ followed by their name and then select the name of that person which should appear below the comments box. He or she will be notified of being tagged so that the conversation will continue.

Wishing you the best!

See this reply in the discussion

28 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Omaha, NE · Member since 2015 · 366 posts · 184 votes
    9y
    Welcome Kelly Nuno ! This site has been super knowledgeable and motivational for me so far. I have been doing sfr's and am looking into multies in Omaha. I also am a realtor. if you ever need anything, just let me know.
  • Papillion, NE · Member since 2016 · 54 posts · 42 votes
    9y

    Hi everyone. 2 months ago I moved back to Papillion, NE from Los Angles,CA (Mar Vista, CA to be exact) after being away for 18 years. 

    Long story short, my father passed away very unexpectedly and I agreed to move back to be with my family. I uprooted my life in California and made the decision to go into real estate investing because that is what I have wanted to do for the past 10 years. I am currently in process of getting my realtors license. I am mainly interested in buy and hold as well as flipping. 

    I had bought a condo during the housing low and recently sold it (it took an entire week to go into contract). I plan on using the equity to help me in my endeavors. 

    I look forward to learning more and meeting up with investors in the area as well. Coffee anyone? @Lance A White thank you for the information on the meets ups. I will see you guys there either this month or next. 

  • Investor · Shawnee Mission, KS · Member since 2015 · 30 posts · 11 votes
    9y
    Welcome to BP. You're definitely at the right place to take your knowledge base to the next level. I invest in the Kansas City area and have done a few flips but we mainly focus on creative financing deals. Let me know if I can help in anyway.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.