Looking for advice from flippers in the Los Angeles area

Looking for advice from flippers in the Los Angeles area

Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 4 posts · 0 votes

Hi,

I am new to house flipping and am looking for advice.  I'm excited to find my first flip but would love advice in the following areas:

• Is now a good or bad time to invest in the Los Angeles area?  I've heard that timing is everything and am worried that we might be at the top of the market right now - any thoughts?

• What areas have been profitable in the last few months?

• How do I find a good contractor?  I've met with a few people, but haven't found someone with a lot of flipping experience.

• Are there any meetups you recommend where I might get insights from seasoned flippers?

Thanks!

Devorah

0Reply
9 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor / Mentor / Contractor · Arcadia, CA Buying Out of State · Member since 2015 · 654 posts · 622 votes
9y

You should come to my Meetup group. But I might not have another until December so you might want to connect with me sooner. We meet at my project sites and we tour the house and everyone learns and has a great time. I am helping several new flippers in starting their businesses now. I might be able to help you. I am in the Pasadena area. I have all the answers you are asking but they can not be answered like this in a post.

http://www.meetup.com/Real-Estate-Investors-On-site-Hard-Hat-Tours/

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor / Mentor / Contractor · Arcadia, CA Buying Out of State · Member since 2015 · 654 posts · 622 votes
    9y

    You should come to my Meetup group. But I might not have another until December so you might want to connect with me sooner. We meet at my project sites and we tour the house and everyone learns and has a great time. I am helping several new flippers in starting their businesses now. I might be able to help you. I am in the Pasadena area. I have all the answers you are asking but they can not be answered like this in a post.

    http://www.meetup.com/Real-Estate-Investors-On-site-Hard-Hat-Tours/

  • Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    Thanks Tim!

    I saw your meetup listing when I was doing some initial research - what a great idea having people meet on the site of a real project - I'd love to come to your next meetup.  What would be the best way to contact you to talk in the meantime?

    Thanks,

    Devorah

  • Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 2 votes
    9y
    Timothy Ryan Do you have an email to contact you by?
  • Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    I do but posting email addresses on this forum is apparently not permitted. Can we correspond here?

  • Investor / Mentor / Contractor · Arcadia, CA Buying Out of State · Member since 2015 · 654 posts · 622 votes
    9y

    Devorah and Jesus, if you click my name it will take you to the contact page where our phone number and email are listed.  Feel free to give me a call or email, I'd be happy to give you some advice and help.

    Tim

    @Devorah Herbert  @Jesus Escobar

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.