New member from San Fernando Valley, California

New member from San Fernando Valley, California

Real Estate Investor · Northridge, CA · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 1 vote

I'm a young and eager real estate investing newbie just getting into the business and looking to learn as much as possible from others who have had success in the field. I mainly need advice or tips on getting the ball rolling as a new investor. I have been able to raise some funds for my first deal but haven't been successful at the other parts of the business, such as finding pocket listings through agents in the areas I've chosen and figuring out a detailed action plan to get things going.

1Reply
7 views

Most Popular Reply

Lender · Santa Barbara, CA · Member since 2016 · 18 posts · 10 votes
9y

This is a Meet-up happening next week and once a month. I have not attended this group yet but I have heard good things about it as well as good things about Jeff the group lead. https://www.meetup.com/Commercial-Real-Estate-Mast... It is close to you too. This group is focused on commercial investing.

If you are more interested in SFR investing/flipping here is another group I have attended and look forward to going back to in the near future: https://www.meetup.com/The-Real-Estate-Candy-Shop/

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Professional · Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    @Ryan Rozsnaki

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets. Make sure to listen to the podcasts. They are very informative, and contain ample information on investing in real estate.

  • Real Estate Investor · Northridge, CA · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    Thanks Mark! Appreciate the advice.

  • Rental Property Investor · Claremont, CA · Member since 2015 · 292 posts · 374 votes
    9y

    @Ryan Rozsnaki

    Welcome!  I just recently joined as well and dealing with similar issues as yourself.  I have tried driving for dollars and just today sent out my first mailer, hoping that goes well.  Would love to chat sometime, bounce ideas for getting things off the ground!

    P.J.

  • Jo-Ann LapinPro Member
    Loan Officer · Tustin, CA · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 713 votes
    9y

    Welcome to BP . Happy to assist. Have joined any realtor based investments clubs yet and any meet ups?

  • Real Estate Investor · Northridge, CA · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    Thanks for the warm welcome. I've registered to a networking event coming up in a couple weeks over in Venice and read up a bit about the REIA. They have a chapter in Culver City and meet once a month on Tuesdays, so I think i'll attend the next meeting in about a month. Do you recommend any clubs or meet ups in the area?

    http://www.eventbrite.com/e/showcase-california-ve...

  • Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 500 votes
    9y

    I'd suggest door knocking NOD's, direct mailing, and just never ending networking! Pm me if you'd like to connect.

  • Lender · Santa Barbara, CA · Member since 2016 · 18 posts · 10 votes
    9y

    This is a Meet-up happening next week and once a month. I have not attended this group yet but I have heard good things about it as well as good things about Jeff the group lead. https://www.meetup.com/Commercial-Real-Estate-Mast... It is close to you too. This group is focused on commercial investing.

    If you are more interested in SFR investing/flipping here is another group I have attended and look forward to going back to in the near future: https://www.meetup.com/The-Real-Estate-Candy-Shop/

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.