Ambitious new investor starting out in Grand Rapids, MI.

Ambitious new investor starting out in Grand Rapids, MI.

Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 16 posts · 5 votes

To my fellow investors,

After years of understanding that working a 9-5 only made someone else money, I knew I wanted to find something better.  For as long as I can remember I love to solve problems and I like to reap all of the benefits of my labor, not just a fraction of it.  After searching for quite sometime I knew that my love of architecture, my ability to think outside the box combined with relentless ambition was perfect for real estate investing; which lead me here, to Bigger Pockets.  

Although in my infancy, I listen to several podcasts a day and I'm working my way through Brandon Turner's book on Rental Property Investing and I look forward to reading many more.  I also want to be as involved in the community as much as possible to broaden my knowledge so that one day I can help new investors one day, that will be seeking out guidance just as I am now.  I know that this process will require many long nights and times of uncertainty but I know that if others have done it before me I can also achieve my goals. 

I am interested in house hacking, flipping and general investing but first things first, I need to buy my first home.  My goal is to have at least 3 properties within a year and to learn as much as I can both from experience as well as from books and online sources.  I believe that combining knowledge, experience, mentorship and persistence will lead to success for anyone who wants it bad enough.

We are so blessed to have a community like Bigger Pockets, where we can come together to share our stories and wisdom; I look forward to working with and learning from as many of you as possible and I wish you all success. 


Best of luck and Semper Fi,

Ryan Anderson.

1Reply
10 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Professional · Rockford, MI · Member since 2015 · 301 posts · 138 votes
9y

@Ryan Anderson welcome.  You are making a good decision.  Just be smart, start slow, but jump in when you see a deal!!  I would love to connect if you are interested. 

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Professional · Rockford, MI · Member since 2015 · 301 posts · 138 votes
    9y

    @Ryan Anderson welcome.  You are making a good decision.  Just be smart, start slow, but jump in when you see a deal!!  I would love to connect if you are interested. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Grand Rapids, MI · Member since 2015 · 55 posts · 8 votes
    9y

    welcome! Be sure to look up our local RPOA group and all of the classes and gatherings they host. Happy to connect and be a wingman if you need a buddy to introduce you to some people!

  • Paul LeasonPro Member
    Realtor · Grand Rapids, MI · Member since 2012 · 172 posts · 70 votes
    9y

    Ryan. Welcome to the BP community. I cut the cord with full time corporate employment Feb 2016 and am enjoying the freedom it has brought me and the ability to concentrate 100% on Real Estate. 

    Happy to connect and share. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Grand Rapids, MI · Member since 2014 · 493 posts · 200 votes
    9y

    Wishing you the best!  Take advantage of all the resources available locally to get you started, e.g. networking events with other investors, local real estate investor education and more.  The time invested up front will pay huge dividends.

  • Investor · Madison, AL · Member since 2016 · 35 posts · 6 votes
    9y

    Hi Ryan, you have taken the words right out of my mouth! I'm on the same track doing the same as you. My goal is to buy my first property by the end of this year...as a Xmas present to myself! I'm still looking at how I'm going to finance it. Right now I think it will be through my SD IRA.

    I would love to connect and share experiences and motivation.

    My Dad was a Marine!  Semper Fi!

    Terry

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.