New member from The Hudson Valley in New York 12549

New member from The Hudson Valley in New York 12549

Montgomery, NY · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 1 vote

Hello,

My name is Russ and I'm a new member from The Hudson Valley in New York. I'm looking to get into real estate to flip home with low or no cost investment at this time. I'd like to learn as much as possible from this site. I'm retired from a management position with a local Pepsi~Cola franchise where I was employed for 24 years. I also have 5 years of home building andrenovation experience with himes in West Chester and Orange counties of New York. Its my pleasure to be a part of this site.

Thank you, Russ

1Reply
10 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Wholesaler · Saint Louis, MO · Member since 2014 · 312 posts · 49 votes
    10y

    @Russell Pinkall Sounds good. Russ how are you planning on acquiring the properties? Marketing, network, MLS...?

  • Montgomery, NY · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    Thomas, first I feel I'm going to need to aquire as much knowledge in the field as possible. So I'll be a sponge for a bit and soak up everything of value I can to better prepare myself going forward and reduce my chances of failure.

  • Phoenicia, NY · Member since 2016 · 42 posts · 29 votes
    10y

    Welcome to BP, @Russell Pinkall! There's a lot to learn and a lot of different ways to learn it. I grew up in Orange County and now live in Ulster County after many years in NYC. I own a vacation rental in Ulster County and I'm learning all I can as I prepare to move into investing in and self-managing multifamily houses. In addition to the podcast, blogs, and forums, I found the BP books to be super helpful and easy to digest: http://biggerpockets.com/books and there's also a free intro video course that has a lot of the same material as the Book on Rental Property Investing: https://www.biggerpockets.com/courses/a-beginners-introduction-to-real-estate-investing

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.