Los Angeles & Orange County Mulitfamilies?

Los Angeles & Orange County Mulitfamilies?

Cerritos, CA · Member since 2015 · 14 posts · 5 votes

Good Afternoon BP!

I'm getting ready buy my first investment property in the next year hopefully and am curious if anyone here in the Los Angeles/Orange County area has found good multifamily homes that could cash flow and/or help me pay down most of my mortgage. I have the VA loan available for use and am aware that I'd have to live in one to use it. I work in the area so I'm trying to find something without too long of a commute. Thanks!

0Reply
2 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Joe HomsBusiness Member
    Flipper · Mission Viejo, CA · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    @Brian Rule  Welcome to BP. There is a local meetup in Lake forest every month that you should check out. http://www.meetup.com/Orange-County-Real-Estate-Investor-Networking/

    If you would like to meet up before then and talk about investing let me know. I am in Mission Viejo and can meet at a Starbucks.

    I am looking for my next purchase at the court house steps, while I am working on a few more. 

  • Dave VisayaPro Member
    Moderator
    Audio Engineer and Investor · Cebu City, Cebu · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 881 votes
    10y

    Hey @Brian Rule, welcome to BiggerPockets! Definitely start jumping into the community here and feel free to ask any questions related to Real Estate investing!

    BiggerPockets
  • Real Estate Agent · Redlands, CA · Member since 2016 · 253 posts · 115 votes
    10y
    Hi Brian Rule welcome to BP. I have seen some reasonable deals in Artesia, Lakewood, and The surrounding areas. How much are you paying for rent right now? Do you want to live rent free or are you ok paying your "rent" into a mortgage. It's hard right now to find something that will get you completely rent free but we can find something close. Are you looking to fix it up or a turnkey property? Any requirements on beds/baths for your unit? PM if you want to talk more. I bought a multi family as my first property and lived in it for 4-5 years. It was a great decision! Way to go!
  • Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 325 posts · 75 votes
    10y

    Hello @brian

    @Brian Rule I live in Orange and my real estate portfolio is in Indianapolis. Come to my cashflow games one of these Fridays in Orange. We can network and share ideas. Thanks!

  • Cerritos, CA · Member since 2015 · 14 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    That sounds awesome. I will look into it, is it in the mornings? Or afternoon. Thanks!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.