Realtor-Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas and Georgia

Realtor-Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas and Georgia

Real Estate Agent · Keller, TX · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 2 votes
Hi! My name is Lynn Wilkerson. I currently live in the DFW, Texas area. My family and I moved here from Atlanta, Georgia five years ago and loving this Texas real estate market! I've been licensed in Georgia for almost 14 years and a little over 1 year in Texas. I love everything about real estate. I've primarily worked in general sales. However, I have also worked for developers, national and local builders. I also love staging. I look forward to learning a lot from this forum as I hope to invest in my own properties soon.
0Reply
14 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Michael S.Pro Member
    Biggerpockets Support · Las Pinas, Metro Manila · Member since 2015 · 7k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    Welcome to BP Lynn. Great to have you in the community

    BiggerPockets
  • Rental Property Investor · Tyler, TX · Member since 2014 · 24 posts · 6 votes
    10y

    Welcome to BP and to Texas!!

  • Investor · Coppell, TX · Member since 2008 · 2k+ posts · 646 votes
    10y

    Hello and welcome to BP!  Your background ought to help you.  I am 59 years old and I was born and raised in Dallas. I still live in northwest DallasCounty in Coppell. I am glad to hear you are enjoying living here.  Having design qualifications and abilities should help you.  There are a bunch of opportunities here and that can be a plus.  Always remember that you should do the math analysis and try to look at your prospects before you make an offer or at least have a clause in the sales contract that will allow you some time ( about 15 days) to inspect the property and possibly back out if it doesn't hurt you.

    My father has been in real estate buys and sells of investment properties for about 40 years and he has taught me a little bit.  I use to have a real estate broker license for about 30 years but I never did that full time.  I have been in the construction-related business since I was 17 including those college years.  I graduated from college with a business degree in 1980.  Have a primary Team that is experienced, trustworthy, and local.

    Your Team member should return your calls promptly.  Right after you close on an investment property that is improved, get an insurance policy that will support you if there is a loss.  Know the market you select well and know it's best locations.  Go for an average property that is in that neighberhood.  Do not cut any corners that make some property look better.  Do not try to do everything yourself.  Stick to your daily criteria and your goals.  If you think I can help you please contact me through BP at any time.  Good luck to you!

  • Real Estate Agent · Keller, TX · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    Thank you all for your warm welcomes! I'm looking forward to this journey.

  • Investor/Realtor · Hoover, AL · Member since 2010 · 1k+ posts · 459 votes
    10y

    Welcome @Lynn Wilkerson...Wow ATL to Dallas...both markets good!  Good luck in your new area...I'm looking to get reciprocity in Georgia..Any tips on finding good investment properties?

  • Real Estate Agent · Keller, TX · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    Hey Rolanda! Thanks so much.  Yes. Both are wonderful markets.  I really miss Atlanta a lot.  Awesome...so you are an agent and an investor?  I currently work with investors as their agent, but I'm so trying my best to become an Investor.  I hear this is a great place to start. Oh my... Where do I start with great ATL areas for investments...Reynoldstown, West End, Edgewood, anything along the Beltline, East Atlanta to name a few.

    Let me know if I can help!  

    Lynn

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.