Still chasing that 1st Wholesale Deal in Alabama

Still chasing that 1st Wholesale Deal in Alabama

Gadsden, AL · Member since 2016 · 31 posts · 3 votes

I still consider myself a wholesaler despite not having closed a deal yet! I had an awesome deal under contract but couldn't find a Buyer so we parted ways with No Hard Feelings! I didn't mislead him, he was trying to sell his house so I simply told him that "I'm a local investor that works with other investors and I feel confident that I could get his house sold, give me 30 days, if I don't move it, we can part ways or give me 30 more days!" That's why I don't get All of the Negative post Bashing wholesalers! Calling them Unethical! I listed my house with an Agent one time, 6 month agreement, house didn't sell, we parted ways, No Hard Feelings! I didn'the get upset or say they misled me! The house simply Didn't Sell! A lot of Sellers list with their house with Agents all the time and you still see them on Zillow 210 days later! I just signed for 30! Sorry For The Rant! Lol! I'm basically trying to connect with others (buyers, sellers, wholesalers, etc.) to get deals done! I'm located in the Gadsden/Etowah Co area of Alabama! BTW this Site is Amazing! I've only been on it a few days!

1Reply
10 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Benton Harbor, MI · Member since 2013 · 257 posts · 140 votes
10y

Hey Waide, great approach! Both sides of the deal will appreciate your honesty and integrity. I think the problem with wholesaling arises when people are acting with as the end buyer, but are in fact the middle man. Then when the wholesaler can't perform, they just look like a deadbeat buyer. Also, I've had wholesalers send me "deals" that were way too easy to find online myself for a better price than what they offered. True wholesaling is a business of its own and one that requires a process to really find the good deals and then to quickly get that deal to an end buyer who can close. I personally would have no problem paying a person or company for that role. My business is different and scouting out needle in the haystack deals is not my core competency. Getting the house from ugly duckling to prom queen is my game. Best of luck!

See this reply in the discussion

15 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Michael S.Pro Member
    Biggerpockets Support · Las Pinas, Metro Manila · Member since 2015 · 7k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    Welcome to BP Waide, great to have you in the community. 

    BiggerPockets
  • Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 601 votes
    10y

    Hi @Waide Franklin, 

    Glad that you found BPs. Thanks for posting. You're right that being upfront with people and doing what you can to have wins in all directions is the way to go. Keep going for it and you'll find your way. All the best on your next deal!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Jacksonville, AL · Member since 2016 · 68 posts · 26 votes
    10y

    Hello Waide, Welcome to BP. Yes this is a great site to get some valuable info. Check out the Wholesaling forums and the podcast. Alot of great info. I am thinking about putting together a BP Meetup in our area. I will keep you posted. Good luck!

  • Gadsden, AL · Member since 2016 · 31 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    Thanks guys for the Welcome! I would love to network and close some Deals in this area and abroad! @Pamela Satcher Keep me posted and I would love to connect on some deals! Whatever your deals lack (buyers or sellers)! Lets connect! 

  • Gadsden, AL · Member since 2016 · 31 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    Someone please tell me how to tag someone in a post!

  • Investor · Chandler, AZ · Member since 2014 · 303 posts · 101 votes
    10y
    Waide Franklin Being upfront and honest is the way to go. That way you won't run into issues preventing you from getting to the closing table. Keep up the good work! To tag someone, type the @ symbol then their name. It might take a second or two to work.
  • Gadsden, AL · Member since 2016 · 31 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    Thanks @Justin Howe! See I still can't get it to tag!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Jacksonville, AL · Member since 2016 · 68 posts · 26 votes
    10y

    @Waide Franklin I have the same problem with tagging that it doesn't actually tag. I was gonna complete my profile to see if that fixes the issue. Im just guessing at this point.

  • Investor · Benton Harbor, MI · Member since 2013 · 257 posts · 140 votes
    10y

    Hey Waide, great approach! Both sides of the deal will appreciate your honesty and integrity. I think the problem with wholesaling arises when people are acting with as the end buyer, but are in fact the middle man. Then when the wholesaler can't perform, they just look like a deadbeat buyer. Also, I've had wholesalers send me "deals" that were way too easy to find online myself for a better price than what they offered. True wholesaling is a business of its own and one that requires a process to really find the good deals and then to quickly get that deal to an end buyer who can close. I personally would have no problem paying a person or company for that role. My business is different and scouting out needle in the haystack deals is not my core competency. Getting the house from ugly duckling to prom queen is my game. Best of luck!

  • Gadsden, AL · Member since 2016 · 31 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    I know I can do this Wholesaling "thing" but it gets discouraging at times! Finding the combination of Motivated Sellers and Reliable Buyers can be a real challenge! I'm looking for wholesalers, agents, sellers, buyers, etc, who wants to connect on some ALABAMA deals (Gadsden/Etowah Co preferably)!

  • Rockwall, TX · Member since 2014 · 380 posts · 211 votes
    10y

    @Waide Franklin

    Try @? and select the person from the list.  I don't think this works on my phone but does from my laptop.

    I'd be VERY careful about your language on this.  An investor doesn't talk to a seller about getting his house sold; only an agent does that.

    Good luck and do keep me in mind if find any super deals. 

  • Gadsden, AL · Member since 2016 · 31 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    @Roy Oliphant, i'm not talking to a specific seller, nor am I pitching a particular property! I was just reaching out for guidance and networking with other RE professionals! I thought what I was doing was appropriate! I'll be more careful though! Thanks!

  • Investor · Palmetto, GA · Member since 2014 · 190 posts · 77 votes
    10y

    Hey Waide is that house still unsold?

  • Gadsden, AL · Member since 2016 · 31 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    @Michael Williams I believe it got sold! I No Longer had it under contract but I will have another one soon! 

  • Tuscaloosa, AL · Member since 2016 · 13 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    I am currently buying properties cash in that area. If you have any properties I would love to take a look and help you close on that first deal 

    Inbox me if you you are interested.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.