Striving to become an investor in Iowa

Striving to become an investor in Iowa

Anamosa, IA · Member since 2016 · 6 posts · 0 votes

My name is Cody Crawford and I'm new to the world of REI. I am from Iowa and looking to get into flipping and rental properties. I currently live just outside of Cedar Rapids in Anamosa with my family of five, where we run our own business building repurposed wood decorative signs. Doing this has given me some spare time to start investigating how to get started in and grow in the world of real estate. I am currently in the "learn everything I can" mode while I start to better learn the market through research and MLS scouring. My biggest struggle right now is trying to learn how to analyze deals efficiently and effectively (so if there is any advice out there on that I would be much obliged).

I have found the BP podcast very informative and it has brought me to the website and forums here to learn more and to, hopefully, engage with other members and get the ball rolling.  I look forward to hearing from everyone and learning from the experience inside this site.

Thank you,

Cody Crawford

0Reply
17 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Marion, IA · Member since 2016 · 30 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    Welcome Cody. You came to the right place. Be sure to check out the BP tools and books. You'll find a very helpful group of experienced investors here. 

    We're also new and looking for our first investment properties in Marion and Cedar Rapids.

  • North Liberty, IA · Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    welcome Cody I'm new to the business to, I recently went through a seminar on investing in real estate, I have some information you can copy to help you better understand the business. If your interested in this message me and we can meet at a library for you to get a copy. I live in North liberty 

  • Anamosa, IA · Member since 2016 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    I appreciate the kind words and encouragement.  I look forward learning and possibly working with you in the future!

  • CCIM · Des Moines, IA · Member since 2014 · 341 posts · 170 votes
    10y

    Strive on @Cody Crawford!  I'm up in Cedar Falls, but will be getting into the Cedar Rapids market soon.  
    Let me know if there's anything I can do to help push you to move forward.

  • Investor · King of Prussia, PA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 339 votes
    10y

    @Cody Crawford welcome to BP! Best/first thing to do is get educated. Read read read! Read books on investing in real estate, listen to the podcasts, attend webinars and stay active on the forums while connecting with other investors in your area and pick a niche. Best of luck!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.