New to Bigger Pockets and Northern Virginia

New to Bigger Pockets and Northern Virginia

Investor · Arlington, VA · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 1 vote

Hello All,

I am a recent arrival to the site and a move to Arlington, VA has re-ignited my interest in real estate. Sticker shock of housing in the DC/Arlington area has reminded me that there are alternatives to paying retail and I am looking for opportunities in housing where significant value can be achieved.

I am looking for a distressed condo to own/occupy for 2-3 years and to eventually become a rental property.  I am interested in networking with reliable professionals and learning the very "interesting" DC/Arlington market.

In the next 20 years, I would like to add 15-18 properties to my overall portfolio concentrating on the Southeast United States.

I look forward to learning from everyone and hope you all have a great Independence Day Weekend.

Kyle

1Reply
13 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Russell BrazilBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
    10y

    DC, Arlington, NoVa, MoCo, are markets with a high amount of liquidity and thus most properties will trade on the mls. Lesss desirable areas will have less liquidity and thus better opportunities to buy off market like PG county.

    Depending where you are from our price points may seem high, but when you factor in the higher salaries people draw in these markets, the housing prices are not all that unreasonable.

  • Real Estate Agent · Falls Church · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    @Kyle Bell welcome to the area. Hope to see you around at the local meetups :)

  • Upen PatelPro Member
    Lender · Nationwide Lender · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 814 votes
    10y

    Hi! @Kyle Bell Welcome to BP & DMV.

  • Fredericksburg, VA · Member since 2016 · 190 posts · 64 votes
    10y
    Welcome. I saw a local group is having a RE Investing 101 near Tysons on 7/14/16. I may go.
  • Rental Property Investor · Fairfax, VA · Member since 2014 · 328 posts · 101 votes
    10y

    Welcome @Kyle Bell , this is a great area to have your interest reignited. Tons of great people to learn from, and network with. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.