New member in Chicago looking at buy and hold properties

New member in Chicago looking at buy and hold properties

Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 8 posts · 3 votes

Hello all My Name is Robert Taylor and I am a complete novice when it comes to Real Estate. My interest primary is buy and hold. I currently live in Chicago IL. I am eager to learn and reach my goals. I have been listening to podcast and reading books, now I am ready to take action. 

1Reply
19 views

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Cleburne, TX · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 1 vote
    10y
    Robert Taylor welcome to BP
  • Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 8 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    Thank you very much

  • Real Estate Broker · Mount Olive, IL · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 310 votes
    10y

    @Robert Taylor

    Welcome to BP. 

    You will learn a lot at this site.

  • Laurice AllenPro Member
    Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 45 posts · 4 votes
    10y

    Welcome to BP @Robert Taylor!

    I am a newbie from Chicago also. I am utilizing the friendly and informative BP community to gain knowledge regarding buying and holding multi-family properties for when I'm ready to "pull the trigger" on my first property. I also listen to the webinars through youtube and find them very useful because they cover a variety of REI strategies and discussing the mistakes seasoned investors made can be effective when planning ones REI goals. I wish you much luck!

    Laurice Allen

  • Specialist · Rockland, MA · Member since 2010 · 7k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    @Robert Taylor

    Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers (cash buyers). Find them through Google and meetup.com

    Paul

  • Rental Property Investor · Manteno, IL · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    BP podcasts are great. Keep you motivated and there is typically a nugget or two that you'll get from each one.

    The one piece of advice I'd offer is that, if possible, I would suggest not investing in Cook County. The landlord laws in cook county are horrendous.

    Your risk is significantly greater in that area as an eviction can take up to 6 mos. And if you go 6 mos with no rent, you may not get the right impression of investing and move on.

    Bottom line is that you can build some real wealth with buy and hold investing. Its just a matter of having the patience to stick with it and to keep investing your rental profits back into the business to grow.

  • Spokane, WA · Member since 2016 · 55 posts · 12 votes
    10y

    Welcome to BP Robert, you are certainly in the right place to learn, ask questions, get advice, and get motivated. Have you figured out where you want to get to, how your going to get there, and what your next steps are? I certainly wish you the best of luck and think your on the right track by just introducing yourself. 

  • Wholesaler · Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 86 posts · 15 votes
    10y

    Hi Robert

    Welcome to BP, it's great to see you!

    If you are ready to take action, you may very well be interested in our group, Chicago Action Investors. We meet every Saturday to analyse and make offers on prospective properties here on the south side of Chicago.

    It would be wonderful to have you come along. If this is something you would like to hear more about, please connect with me, I'd be more than happy to share more.

    Best of luck!

    Michelle

  • Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 8 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    Thanks for the warm welcome. I am hoping buy my first property with the next 60 days.

  • Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2015 · 121 posts · 28 votes
    10y

    Congratulations on finding BP Robert! Buy and hold is what I am in this game for but I've still not been able to find the right person, yet. Do you have plans as to what size homes you're looking into? What kind of financing are you looking at or are you flush with cash? Are you wanting to buy properties that need work and BRRRR or something a little more turnkey?

    Good luck!

  • Turnkey Investment Provider · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 116 votes
    10y

    Welcome to BP! There is a lot to learn but it is a great community of people willing to help. I am a turn-key provider. Let me know if you need any help. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.