New(ish) investor from Lehigh Valley PA area

New(ish) investor from Lehigh Valley PA area

Investor · St Augustine, FL · Member since 2016 · 135 posts · 126 votes

Greetings.

I found this site about a month ago - would have been great to find a few years back, but at least its bookmarked now. Im an ex in most things construction, ex laborer, framer, roofer, concrete, ex owner (two companies - framing & roofing, and concrete)... in general an entrepreneur with a couple of successes and a few failures (aka "learning experiences") under my belt.

Fr the last 30 years Ive been in the IT industry in sales, sales management, engineering, and architecture capacities. Having recently hit my 50's Ive decided its time to find a way back into real-estate and potentially put 'Corporate America' behind me. I bought a condo from a relative that was involved in an estate for a ridiculous price, rehabbed it in 3 weeks, got it sold before I was finished, and am closing in 48 hours form now. The net is I did some, but not much of the actual work this time, and netted over 110% of my investment in just over 7 weeks from acquisition to closing... and my wife now sees the ability to make some serious lifestyle changes (meaning she is fully on board - especially when one transaction netted over double her annual earnings).

Im actively searching for the next project. Its been 25-30 years since Ive done anything with building, rehabbing, flipping - albeit like riding a bike, it seems to be a skill that you dont forget. Times have changed greatly with the tools available, mainly the internet and information accessibility.

Going forward Im looking to connect with a few wholesalers and others that flip in the area. Longer term (being 24-48 months) Im looking to move to medium sized rental communities - 100-200 units to build longer term wealth.I am in a position to buy cash, prefer to work the suburbs and stay out of the war-zone (aka center-city Allentown). My main interest is single family in the 150-200k ARV ranges, duplexes (both sides) or quads (all units). After dealing with this last condo Ill probably pass on those due to the restrictiveness unless its an exceptional deal!

Looking forward to making new connections here.

1Reply
17 views

Most Popular Reply

Flipper/Rehabber · Bethlehem, PA · Member since 2015 · 134 posts · 39 votes
10y

Hey @Matt Avila...congrats on the successful flip! I flip and rent in the Lehigh Valley as well. As you may already know, the real estate market in our area is very competitive so I would suggest doing what you already have done - continue looking for off market deals (in addition to MLS).

Wishing you continued success. Feel free to reach out if I can help with anything.

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Falls Church · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    @Matt A. welcome to BP, and good luck.

  • Rental Property Investor · Allentown, PA · Member since 2009 · 79 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    Matt. Pm me so we can connect

  • Investor · North Bergen, NJ · Member since 2016 · 121 posts · 14 votes
    10y
    Matt Avila welcome to BP.
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Bethlehem, PA · Member since 2015 · 134 posts · 39 votes
    10y

    Hey @Matt Avila...congrats on the successful flip! I flip and rent in the Lehigh Valley as well. As you may already know, the real estate market in our area is very competitive so I would suggest doing what you already have done - continue looking for off market deals (in addition to MLS).

    Wishing you continued success. Feel free to reach out if I can help with anything.

  • Dave LinPro Member
    Insurance Broker and Real Estate Investor · Lehigh Valley, PA · Member since 2014 · 229 posts · 73 votes
    10y

    Welcome @Matt A.. Another Lehigh Valley investor here.  Good luck with your search.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.