New Wholesaler in the Puyallup, WA area

New Wholesaler in the Puyallup, WA area

Real Estate Investor · Bonney Lake, WA - Washington · Member since 2016 · 58 posts · 35 votes

Hello everyone,

I am new to real estate investing, and I will be focusing my efforts initially on Wholesaling here in and around Pierce County, then eventually purchasing multi-family properties as I scale up. I am still full time at my day job, which is being a Sales Engineering Manager for the West Region in the Telecommunications industry. I am very excited to get started with REI, but am still in the very early stages of getting everything set up on my end. I have a very large family, with most of my kids still at a young age (8 and under!). I have another baby due within the next week, which we are very excited about!

Most of my time recently has been getting educated and better understanding the process of entering into the fray. My goal is to become a full time REI over the next 18-24 months. I am very used to sales, and I look forward to interacting with clients, and of course networking with all of you in the business. I have consumed a lot of training and education over the last several months, to the point where I finally was able to really find the area I felt most passionate about, and that hopefully will help me realize my long term goals. I have a ton to learn, but I am definitely ready to get out of the self-paced education mode and dive in head first and start turning what I've learned thus far into action.

I am fortunate to have recently received the support of my very risk-averse wife, which I truly thought was going to be my biggest hurdle. Without her support it would have been very difficult to really commit to this, however she has asked me to limit her exposure to what I am doing so that she doesn't get too nervous. I welcome any feedback from members out there, and my plan is to join the REIA for Seattle after the baby comes, and then will start to attend the meetings. Well, enough about me; I am anxious to learn more about other members and hopefully build some great relationships here in the BiggerPockets community.

Cheers,

Tim

0Reply
34 views

14 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Falls Church · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    @Tim West welcome to BP

  • Contractor · Spokane, WA · Member since 2013 · 25 posts · 12 votes
    10y

    @Tim West

    Welcome to BP Tim! Do you have target areas you are wanting to work? Just curious as there are many different real estate paths 

  • Real Estate Investor · Bonney Lake, WA - Washington · Member since 2016 · 58 posts · 35 votes
    10y

    @Tim Angevine Thank you! I am primarily interested in wholesaling in the Pierce County area around Puyallup.

  • Real Estate Agent · Puyallup, WA · Member since 2012 · 240 posts · 95 votes
    10y

    @Tim West

    Welcome, this is a great place to get information. If you have any questions, I live in Puyallup too, call me anytime to discuss real estate.

    You should connect with @Troy Fisher, he puts together local investor meet ups in Pierce, King county.

    Please add me to any wholesaler list that you start as I have a few investors who are looking for deals.

    Good Luck,

    Tim

  • Rental Property Investor · Tacoma, WA · Member since 2008 · 30 posts · 11 votes
    10y

    Hi Tim,

    Good luck on the new endeavor and congrats on the new addition to your family. Please add me to your buyers list too. I currently have 9 units in Puyallup and would love to continue to grow.

    Regards,

    Brady

  • Rental Property Investor · Puyallup, WA · Member since 2016 · 26 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    Congrats on convincing the wifey! They can be stubborn, but once you show them how the numbers work they will be happy to accept the extra income.

    If you plan on creating a list, I would be interested to be added as well. Best of luck to your endeavors!

  • Specialist · Rockland, MA · Member since 2010 · 7k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    @Tim West

    Welcome time to build the legacy.

    Have a buddy who walks a targeted neighborhood door knocking on doors speaking to residents on behalf of the local politician. He works in the conversation that he has people looking to buy in the area. He offers a referral fee.

    Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses, The Book on Estimating ReHab Costs http://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook Both will be valuable on wholesaling.

    Paul

  • Real Estate Investor · Bonney Lake, WA - Washington · Member since 2016 · 58 posts · 35 votes
    10y

    @Timothy Tooker thanks for the referral to @Troy Fisher, and I will certainly reach out to him. I will also add you to my buyers list, and notify you of any properties I have in the area. Thanks, and I appreciate you reaching out to me, and I will definitely call you to discuss real estate, as I am sure I will have some questions.

  • Real Estate Investor · Bonney Lake, WA - Washington · Member since 2016 · 58 posts · 35 votes
    10y

    @Brady Winder Thank you! I will definitely add you to my buyers list and notify you of any properties in the area. Please let me know the best way to contact you, and I'll update your information in my database. Thanks again!

  • Real Estate Investor · Bonney Lake, WA - Washington · Member since 2016 · 58 posts · 35 votes
    10y

    @Scott B. Thanks! I will certainly add you to my buyers list. Please let me know the best way to contact you and I'll update my database. 

  • Real Estate Investor · Bonney Lake, WA - Washington · Member since 2016 · 58 posts · 35 votes
    10y

    @Paul Timmins Thank you for the read suggestions. I will definitely look into those. Great idea on the door knocking!

  • Lacey, WA · Member since 2015 · 49 posts · 4 votes
    10y

    @Tim Angevine

    welcome, after a few wholesale deals I hope you expand. there are more deals than you can shake a stick at that can help you make your dreams come true.

  • Tacoma, WA · Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    Very Good. Understandable.

    Thank You for "Your*Protection"...

    through Moderating the site! :)  

    Blessings*SharonZ 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.