Real estate agent/Novice Investor in Phoenix, AZ

Real estate agent/Novice Investor in Phoenix, AZ

Real Estate Agent · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2016 · 16 posts · 3 votes

Hello,

My name is Lenna and I am live in the North Phoenix area. I have been helping buyers and sellers find and sell homes since 2002. I know the market here and am good at valuing single family homes. I've helped a few investors throughout the years buy flips and build rental portfolios. I am here to learn more about investing, possibly for myself and to help clients find properties and build wealth. BP sounded unlike other real estate investing websites I have visited, as you most are infomercial like, get rich quick and gimmicky. I am looking forward to getting to know people, possibly partner on deals, and be of service where I can be. 

Thank you,

Lenna Mau

2Reply
44 views

Most Popular Reply

Specialist · Rockland, MA · Member since 2010 · 7k+ posts · 2k+ votes
10y

@Lenna Mau

Welcome. Fill in the foundation below.

Check out the Start Here page http://www.biggerpockets.com/starthere

Check out BiggerPockets Ultimate Beginner's Guide - A fantastic free book that walks through many of the key topics of real estate investing.

Check out the free BiggerPockets Podcast - A weekly podcast with interviews and a ton of great advice. And you get the benefit of having over 100 past ones to catch up on.

Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers (cash buyers). Find them through Google and meetup.com

Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses, The Book on Estimating ReHab Costs http://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

Good Luck

Paul 

See this reply in the discussion

15 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2015 · 229 posts · 58 votes
    10y

    Hey @Lenna Mau, welcome to the forums! You'll find lots of useful info and make great connections here on BP.

    I work for a development company, Blue Sky Homes. Let me know if you have any off-market properties that you think would make great flips or new build opportunities. Thanks!

  • Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2012 · 38 posts · 1 vote
    10y
    Hello Lenna Mau! Welcome to BP! Great to hear from another new(ish) investor in the north Phoenix Area! My wife is currently taking classes to get her RE agent license to lower some of the evaluation barriers when driving for dollars as well as easier access to MLS data. We are always looking to improve our market knowledge, we would love to hear of any advice or potential deals you might & we are willing to share all that we know as well. Let me know if you would like to chat sometime! Mark
  • Casa Grande, AZ · Member since 2015 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    Hello Lenna and welcome to the forums. I am new myself here and live in Casa Grande. Just starting to get my feet wet on fix and flips looking for a real estate agent to connect  with on  some off market Properties possibly even partner up with on some fix and flips. I've been keeping up with the market but it seems to be slim to none for what i can see for fix and flips in Phoenix. Hopefully If you could keep me posted on the off market properties. that you think would be great fix and flips in maricopa, and pinal counties for AZ. im also looking in and around FT.collins Co.. hope we can help eachother out. Again Welcome....

  • Wholesaler · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2015 · 61 posts · 43 votes
    10y

    Hi @Lenna Mau,

    Welcome to the forums.  You're right.  There are so many fantastic people willing to offer insight on BP.  Please shoot me a line on off market deals you come across or let me know if there's something I can help you with.  Feel free to connect ;) 

  • Real Estate Agent · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2016 · 16 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    Do you restore

  • Real Estate Agent · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2016 · 16 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    Hi @Kim Frayer,

    I would be happy to help you any way I can. I am not familiar with Casa Grande area, but have work in Phoenix area for 14 years. I you want value evaluations on any Phoenix property, I would be happy to do that for you. I look forward to getting to know you in the forum. Or you can message me and I would be happy to help.

    Thanks,

    Lenna

  • Investor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2013 · 110 posts · 23 votes
    10y

    Hi @Lenna Mau

    Thanks for posting...If you or your clients need any help getting started out here, please feel free to connect. I help many investors here in this market. Thanks and good luck!

  • Real Estate Agent · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2016 · 16 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    Hi @Dennis Boboc,

    How do you help investors? Do you mentor/train new investors? Please connect with me so we can discuss. 

    Thanks,

    Lenna

  • Real Estate Agent · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2016 · 16 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    Hello @Mark Spivey,

    Great to hear from you too.  I would love to chat some time. Please connect with me. I would be happy to help you evaluate properties in the area.  It's awesome that your wife is getting her license. I would offer to help with test, but took it too long ago to remember it. I do remember studying practice tests and it was very helpful. Looking forward to talking to you sometime. 

    Thanks,

    Lenna

  • Real Estate Agent · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2016 · 16 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    Hello @Scott Scharl,

    Thanks for the warm welcome!

    I will definitely keep you in mind if I run across any good fix and flips. Does your company do full remodels? Are you looking for land to build on? I did see a fire damaged home the other day. Is that something you do?

  • Casa Grande, AZ · Member since 2015 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Lenna Mau:

    Hi @Kim Frayer,

    I would be happy to help you any way I can. I am not familiar with Casa Grande area, but have work in Phoenix area for 14 years. I you want value evaluations on any Phoenix property, I would be happy to do that for you. I look forward to getting to know you in the forum. Or you can message me and I would be happy to help.

    Thanks,

    Lenna

     Like i said i'm just trying to get my foot in the door. Also looking for mentor and best ways to start. fix and flips is what i want most to do.  What i've seen in Phoenix the Market is getting to be slim pickins unless you hit the auctions unless you have a connection that can inform you of what coming on the market before it hits. Any info you get could be really helpful im also looking in to doing some wholesaling so yet again any info could and would be helpful. I look forward to hopefully working with you and  good luck in your new venture..

  • Investor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2013 · 110 posts · 23 votes
    10y

    Hello BP! 

    I have access to off market deals and also use a system to track and purchase sitting MLS deals. We are extremely successful in helping investors acquire flip/re-development properties in 3 states. I also provide 1-on-1 training services for serious investors who want to learn the business and partner with me on a flip project. If you would like to connect, please do so. Thank you.

  • Investor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2013 · 110 posts · 23 votes
    10y

    Hi @Kim Frayer

    I have access to off market deals and also use a system to track and purchase sitting MLS deals. We are extremely successful in helping investors acquire flip/re-development properties in 3 states. I also provide 1-on-1 training services for serious investors who want to learn the business and partner with me on a flip project. If you would like to connect, please do so. Thank you.

  • Specialist · Rockland, MA · Member since 2010 · 7k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    @Lenna Mau

    Welcome. Fill in the foundation below.

    Check out the Start Here page http://www.biggerpockets.com/starthere

    Check out BiggerPockets Ultimate Beginner's Guide - A fantastic free book that walks through many of the key topics of real estate investing.

    Check out the free BiggerPockets Podcast - A weekly podcast with interviews and a ton of great advice. And you get the benefit of having over 100 past ones to catch up on.

    Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers (cash buyers). Find them through Google and meetup.com

    Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses, The Book on Estimating ReHab Costs http://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

    Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

    Good Luck

    Paul 

  • Real Estate Agent · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2016 · 16 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    Hello @Paul Timmins,

    Thank you for the warm welcome and great information! I will definitely use all of your suggestions. I appreciate you sharing your wisdom:-)

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.