Professional · Spring Hill, FL · Member since 2016 · 79 posts · 25 votes
Hi! My husband Marc and I are new to REI. We've been doing a lot of research and we're ready to get our heads in the game full time next week. We're going to start by building a solid buyers list and go from there. Our goal is wholesaling and then flipping, which is where our true passion lies. Any tips, suggestions are welcome! Just started dabbling in BP and super impressed with the wealth of information at our fingertips.
My husband and I grew up in FL but we currently live in Alaska and plan to manage this long distance until we can move closer to Florida.
Property Manager · Gainesville, FL · Member since 2014 · 47 posts · 20 votes
10y
Know what your margins are and study the current market in the cities you want to invest in. The market is hot in Florida and if you want to wholesale, look in Jax or Tampa and focus on "D" properties. B, C properties are at a premium and your margins will be very low on a flip unless you buy right. If you want to invest in Gainesville, check out Invest Gainesville on MeetUp. Ocala is moving up with a lot of industry moving back. Welcome to BP and if you want to know more about investing in north central Florida, PM me..
Real Estate Agent · Orlando, FL · Member since 2008 · 551 posts · 159 votes
10y
@Caroline Apostolos welcome to Bigger Pockets. Sounds like you are moving in the right direction to achieve your goal. I am in the Orlando area, if you need some local on the ground assistance feel free to reach out to me.
Property Manager · Gainesville, FL · Member since 2014 · 47 posts · 20 votes
10y
Know what your margins are and study the current market in the cities you want to invest in. The market is hot in Florida and if you want to wholesale, look in Jax or Tampa and focus on "D" properties. B, C properties are at a premium and your margins will be very low on a flip unless you buy right. If you want to invest in Gainesville, check out Invest Gainesville on MeetUp. Ocala is moving up with a lot of industry moving back. Welcome to BP and if you want to know more about investing in north central Florida, PM me..
Professional Investor · Dayton, OH · Member since 2016 · 113 posts · 36 votes
10y
@Caroline Apostolos You are in a fantastic market. I was there about a year-and-a-half ago as an observer to a mentoring in that market, and I was so impressed, I considered buying a home down there and spending time in that market. However, I didn't because I considered it unethical because of the way I learned about it.
The mentor got the guy set-up with a wholesaling machine in that market. It think that guy ran into some personal difficulties that had nothing to do with real estate (bad life choices) and had to leave the market. Real shame, because the guy was given the keys to the kingdom.
Orlando, FL · Member since 2015 · 76 posts · 35 votes
10y
Hi @Caroline Apostolos! Where in Alaska? My family just moved to Orlando from Nome and we're also new to the REI game. So far I've found Bigger Pockets to be very helpful both in the learning department and with networking. So welcome, and I hope it helps you find everything you need.
It'd be great to connect. I'm sure there are lots of things we could relate to, both having lived in Alaska. Hope you have an awesome week!
Real Estate Agent · Ocala, FL · Member since 2015 · 21 posts · 6 votes
10y
@Caroline Apostolos, I'm an agent in Ocala and I work with investors to help them understand the area to find the right kind of properties they are looking for. Ocala has grown over the years and has various pockets of opportunity with different types of price ranges and home types, depending on what you're looking for. There are stable areas and some growing areas as well. I'm sure there are some properties here that can fit what you are looking for. PM me so we can talk specifically about what works for you. Thanks.