Newbie from DC - Building SFR investment team in Baltimore

Newbie from DC - Building SFR investment team in Baltimore

Investor · Washington, DC · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 1 vote

Good day folks!

My name is Fred. I'm a commercial real estate professional in Washington DC but recently started a Single Family Rental (SFR) investment company and am looking to get into SFR investment in Baltimore. I'm working on a few acquisition opportunities but actively seeking to build my team of investors, property managers and contractors in Baltimore. I'm interested in term mezz investment for cashflowing portfolios of SFR properties (5+ Units per acquisition), contractors with experience with affordable rowhome rehab and property managers with SFR experience.

Looking forward to learning with you guys!!!  Cheers.

-Fred

1Reply
13 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Prince George's County, MD · Member since 2016 · 109 posts · 40 votes
10y
Hi Fred I hope all is going well. We have spoken in the past through our mutual friend Kiyon. I have been spending time in Baltimore to get a clear understanding of the current opportunities that exist as the interest by DC developers been steadily increasing. Given the lack of inventory in neighborhoods like Petworth,and Columbia Heights, south Baltimore (SOBE) has now become sexy. There are a couple of key neighborhoods that are primed to appreciate in value, and the reasons are tangible and evident. Furthermore, there are new city and state initiatives that are committed to bettering the landscape in historically underserved communities. I'm easy to reach. Let's talk soon.
See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Russell BrazilBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
    10y

    Welcome to BP Fred. There are many people from the Baltimore area here on BP. You may want to consider heading out to the BWI meetup sometime to help build your network.

  • Real Estate Agent · Prince George's County, MD · Member since 2016 · 109 posts · 40 votes
    10y
    Hi Fred I hope all is going well. We have spoken in the past through our mutual friend Kiyon. I have been spending time in Baltimore to get a clear understanding of the current opportunities that exist as the interest by DC developers been steadily increasing. Given the lack of inventory in neighborhoods like Petworth,and Columbia Heights, south Baltimore (SOBE) has now become sexy. There are a couple of key neighborhoods that are primed to appreciate in value, and the reasons are tangible and evident. Furthermore, there are new city and state initiatives that are committed to bettering the landscape in historically underserved communities. I'm easy to reach. Let's talk soon.
  • Jill DeWitPro Member
    Investor · Scottsdale AZ · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 423 votes
    10y

    Hi @Fred Greene and good day to you too! Welcome to Bigger Pockets and the BP community. BP is a great place for real estate investing information. BP has free courses and guides to help you further understand the real estate business. BP is also great when it comes to networking with other real estate investors and sharing thoughts and opinions on real estate. You have most certainly come to the right place!

  • Specialist · Rockland, MA · Member since 2010 · 7k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    @Fred Greene

    To build your team go to IREM.org search for ARM certified property managers. Call 5 ask them what they see expenses running per category per unit. What do they see them selling for per unit, what is the market occupancy rate. What are the market rents? Ask them if they know anything coming up for sale. Great way to pick up some good info and possibly a deal.

    You can also search NARPM.org for the RMP (Residential Management Professional) and MPM (Master Property Manager) certified.

    Paul

  • Investor · Washington, DC · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    Great information everyone!  I greatly appreciate the feedback! I'll keep you guys posted on my progress.

  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    10y

    Welcome to BP @Fred Greene. Lots of Baltimore investors that are here on BP also go the the BWI Meetup. It is a great place to make in person connections. 

  • Realtor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2018 · 21 posts · 1 vote
    3y

    @Fred Greene

    Hello hope all is well I am interested in helping(realtor) and my husband is looking for the same thing maybe we can join the team ! Let’s connect!

  • Realtor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2018 · 21 posts · 1 vote
    3y

    @Ned Carey hello where can I find the bwi meet up’s ?

  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Jasmine Coley:

    @Ned Carey hello where can I find the bwi meet up’s ?

    Just google them and they should show up. I believe they may still be doing virtual meetings. Two other clubs in the area are MAREIA and the Baltimore REIA.
    I just got an email from the Baltimore REIA that they are just now going back to having live meetings. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.