New member from Macon, Ga.

New member from Macon, Ga.

Investor · Macon, GA · Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 1 vote

Good morning ladies and gentlemen.

My name is Mark, and I am new BP member from the Middle Georgia region, and I'll give a little background about myself. I am 24 yrs. old, going on 25 in August of this year, and I just recently started my Real Estate Investing journey. I actually was motivated to start this business after I took the 3-day seminar that FortuneBuilders.com hosts, and I did not join their mastery program, as I felt, I could learn the same information for 10% of the price they were asking. I already knew that I wanted to learn as much as  I can about the Real Estate Investing business, and that didn't necessarily mean you have to fork out 10-50,000 to do it. So rule#1 ladies and gentlemen, is to be smart about your education, and read the Guru thread in the BP discussions, they're pretty much dead on, as far as avoid the generic education courses that only benefit those companies.

For those of you that are in the Middle Georgia region, feel free to contact me, as I am always available, and friendly to people who want to grow their business, and be surrounded by like minded people. Thank you for taking the time, to read my post, and have a blessed day. I look forward to doing my first project in the next 4-5 months. Cheers

0Reply
21 views

Most Popular Reply

Specialist · Tucson, AZ · Member since 2013 · 34 posts · 58 votes
10y
Congratulations on making your decision Mark! Yes, I'm glad you didn't put out any money to Fortune Builders. I started my LLC, registered it in my state, set up my business account, found an attorney and title officer, made sure my contracts were acceptable, and started wholesaling. I basically just took a step out on faith, and it worked. So be persistent, patient, and confident, and the reward will definitely appear.
See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Covington, GA · Member since 2014 · 295 posts · 93 votes
    10y

    Congrats and welcome to BP Mark. You are absolutely right when it comes to forking over tens of thousands of dollars for guru plans. Not that they don't offer valuable knowledge, it's just that much of the information you'll learn, can be found in other places (B.P., REIA meetings, webinars, youtube, mentors, library, ect) for free and/or a fraction of what you'd pay to a guru. I personally believe that B.P. is one of, if not, the best places to meet like-minded people who want the best for it's members. Good luck on your journey.

  • Gordon, GA · Member since 2016 · 60 posts · 14 votes
    10y

    Welcome to BP, you are definitely in the right place to learn real estate investing without forking over thousands of dollars to do so. I am new to this as well, been on here reading and listening to podcasts to learn as much as I can. I am also in the middle Georgia area and when I start doing deals, I am thinking of focusing more on Warner Robins. Nice to see a post from someone in middle Georgia. Good luck on your journey.

  • Real Estate Agent · Warner robins · Member since 2015 · 35 posts · 7 votes
    10y

    Welcome to BP. I am also located in Warner Robins, Georgia. This is a great place to learn very valuable information about real estate investing. It is also a great place to meet other investors in your local area! 

  • Specialist · Tucson, AZ · Member since 2013 · 34 posts · 58 votes
    10y
    Congratulations on making your decision Mark! Yes, I'm glad you didn't put out any money to Fortune Builders. I started my LLC, registered it in my state, set up my business account, found an attorney and title officer, made sure my contracts were acceptable, and started wholesaling. I basically just took a step out on faith, and it worked. So be persistent, patient, and confident, and the reward will definitely appear.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.