Real Estate Attorney and Investor from Chicago, Illinois

Real Estate Attorney and Investor from Chicago, Illinois

Attorney · Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 14 posts · 13 votes

Stumbled upon this website while researching REITs, and I'm so glad I did! 

In my legal practice I regularly handle residential and commercial closings, real estate litigation, landlord-tenant law, foreclosure expert, REO, tax sales, etc.

I own a condo in Chicago's Gold Coast neighborhood, and plan on buying for investment within the next year. Looking forward to connecting with the members on this site and learning about opportunities in real estate!

Diana

3Reply
18 views

Most Popular Reply

John Van UytvenPro Member
Property Manager · Oconee, IL · Member since 2014 · 536 posts · 202 votes
10y

@Diana Rdzanek

Welcome to BP, it's a great site.

Have you read the Ultimate Beginner's Guide? It is a great read (plus free).

What kind of investments do you plan on buying next year?

Don't forget to make keywords up so you know when someone is talking about your areas of interest.

When you want to tag someone in a post use the @ symbol and start to write their name. A box with their name will pop up and you should click on their name. It will turn blue, like your name did in this post.

When someone writes something you like, you can give them a vote for appreciation.

Good luck & remember

*DFTBA*

Don't Forget To Be Awesome 

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • John Van UytvenPro Member
    Property Manager · Oconee, IL · Member since 2014 · 536 posts · 202 votes
    10y

    @Diana Rdzanek

    Welcome to BP, it's a great site.

    Have you read the Ultimate Beginner's Guide? It is a great read (plus free).

    What kind of investments do you plan on buying next year?

    Don't forget to make keywords up so you know when someone is talking about your areas of interest.

    When you want to tag someone in a post use the @ symbol and start to write their name. A box with their name will pop up and you should click on their name. It will turn blue, like your name did in this post.

    When someone writes something you like, you can give them a vote for appreciation.

    Good luck & remember

    *DFTBA*

    Don't Forget To Be Awesome 

  • Investor · Coppell, TX · Member since 2008 · 2k+ posts · 646 votes
    10y

    Hello and welcome to BP!  You will like it here.  Eduction is one of the most important to being a good investor.  Just do what you will need.  Find experienced and trustworthy Team members.  The main ones are Attornies, Real Estate Agents, CPA's, inspectors, and General Contractors.  Do not do anything for yourself that does not relate directly to making money.  Focus on income productive things and hire out the rest.  Always do the numbers and try to look at the property or at least have a clause in the sales contract that allows you some time to look without a penalty if you back out.  Know the market you select and the best locations in it.  Do not cut any corners when you are looking or doing.

    I am 59 years old and I found BP about 7 months ago and I am still trying to decide what to do.  I went to college, not that it is mandatory, and I got a business degree that emphasized real estate.  I was in Texas, where I am from, and I qualified to get a broker license from what I took allready.  That was in 1980. Regardless of what I had I felt more comfortable with the construction business.  I was in the construction industry since I was 17.  I did a few deals for other people.  My father has been in real estate for about 40 years and he has taught me a little bit.  If you think I can help you please contact me through BP at any time.  Good luck!

  • Attorney · Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 14 posts · 13 votes
    10y

    Thanks John, I will check out the beginner's guide! I plan on buying a second condo that I will use as a rental in the Lincoln Park neighborhood of Chicago.

  • Jill DeWitPro Member
    Investor · Scottsdale AZ · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 423 votes
    10y

    Hello @Diana Rdzanek and welcome to Bigger Pockets. BP is a great place to find real estate information while connecting with other real estate investors. I wish you all the best. You are not alone in your real estate ambition. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2015 · 19 posts · 5 votes
    10y
    Bp is a great community to be a part of, you won't regret you joined!
  • Bus operator · Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 37 posts · 10 votes
    10y

    Welcome aboard wish you all the best of luck . Great site with some real good geniune people also check out the podcast @Joshua D. and @Brandon Turner are awesome. 

  • Investor/RE Broker · Eugene, OR · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 968 votes
    10y

    @Diana Rdzanek Hi and welcome to BP! Be sure to set-up some keyword alerts to be tuned into the discussions that you want to know about.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.