Newbie member in Tri Cities (pasco, richland, kennewick)

Newbie member in Tri Cities (pasco, richland, kennewick)

Yakima, WA · Member since 2016 · 12 posts · 8 votes

Hi, my name is Justin Nelson and I am a newbie to the Tri Cities (pasco, richland, kennewick) WA area.  My main focus is multi-family and buy-hold investing.  I am an EXTREME rookie so I would greatly appreciate any information, mentors help or people that I can network with (i.e.help out to gain knowledge).  I am also interested in people who have experience with creative financing.  Thank you for all your time, help and efforts!!!

2Reply
8 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Richland, WA · Member since 2015 · 76 posts · 50 votes
    10y

    Welcome to the area Justin and to bigger pockets Justin!

  • Yakima, WA · Member since 2016 · 12 posts · 8 votes
    10y

    Thanks.....I'm originally form Portland and I had a friend mover here after grad school.  He said "you should totally move here!!"  I just thought it was a little logging town on the Columbia river and boy was I WRONG!!  It's the 2nd largest population and a great place to live (don't let that secret out).  

  • Covington, WA · Member since 2016 · 21 posts · 4 votes
    10y
    Welcome
  • Specialist · Rockland, MA · Member since 2010 · 7k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    @JUSTIN NELSON

    Welcome. Fill in the foundation below.

    Check out the Start Here page http://www.biggerpockets.com/starthere

    Check out BiggerPockets Ultimate Beginner's Guide - A fantastic free book that walks through many of the key topics of real estate investing.

    Check out the free BiggerPockets Podcast - A weekly podcast with interviews and a ton of great advice. And you get the benefit of having over 100 past ones to catch up on.

    Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers (cash buyers). Find them through Google and meetup.com

    Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses, The Book on Estimating ReHab Costs http://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

    Consider checking out HUD homes for small multi's owner occupied gets first crack.

    Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

    Good Luck

    Paul 

  • Wholesaler · Kennewick, WA · Member since 2011 · 24 posts · 6 votes
    10y

    Welcome to the area Justin.  It is a great place.  This is definitely a sellers market and landlord market.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.