New commercial investor from Long Island NY

New commercial investor from Long Island NY

Professional · Bellport, NY · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 1 vote

Hello all:

Ray here from Long Island NY, a rookie commercial investor with a background in finance and urban planning with a bit of dabbling in residential brokerage.

In the process of starting a commercial investment venture and would love to be able to bounce ideas off those with more experience as well as be able to share anything I can contribute based on my path when it comes to real estate.

1Reply
14 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Michael S.Pro Member
    Biggerpockets Support · Las Pinas, Metro Manila · Member since 2015 · 7k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    Welcome to the community Ray. Great to have you here

    BiggerPockets
  • Dave VisayaPro Member
    Moderator
    Audio Engineer and Investor · Cebu City, Cebu · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 881 votes
    10y

    Hey @Ray Fragola, welcome to BiggerPockets! It is great to have you and please feel free to jump in the community - there are certainly great people around here!

    BiggerPockets
  • Real Estate Agent · Rock Hill, SC · Member since 2015 · 189 posts · 53 votes
    10y

    Hey welcome to BP!

    From the sounds of it you like numbers and commercial is alot about numbers. What kind of venture are you looking to build?  I am currently feeling my way into the mixed use -retail/apt arena that seems to be something that has really taken off in the suburbs and smaller cities. It takes a team to build up good solid commercial deals. So definitely keep in touch. 

  • Professional · Bellport, NY · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    Looking to do ground up retail or QSR development.  Mixed use is definitely a hot topic as of late and is moving further and further into suburbia.  Not sure how I feel about it personally but there are a lot of opportunities for it nowadays.  As an urban planner for many years I would recommend you look at any adopted land use plans in the areas you are looking to invest and/or build.  These land use plans will tell you what development is desired by the local government in specific areas within a community. It is usually one of the first things I look at when analyzing a property.

  • Appraiser · Hackensack, NJ · Member since 2015 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    Hi Ray- I know this is an old post, but I've been searching for other investors on Long Island interested in commercial real estate.  I'm a commercial appraiser, but would like to start purchasing some small commercial properties.  If you ever want to discuss your investment plans and bounce ideas off one another please feel free to reach out.

    Thanks,

    Ryan

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.