Newbie in Los Angeles considering a move to Virginia

Newbie in Los Angeles considering a move to Virginia

Investor · Twinsburg, OH · Member since 2014 · 111 posts · 41 votes

 I am a professional musician and aspiring investor starting off with wholesaler. 

Joined a long time ago, but am now ready to take some action. I'm driving for dollars, sending direct mail, and making cold calls.

I'm in California right now, but considering steps for a relocation to Virginia Beach, VA some time in the next year. I'm learning that even just a little bit done consistently is better than a lot done one time. So, I'm back on my grind.

3Reply
19 views

Most Popular Reply

Andrew SyriosPro Member
Moderator
Residential Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 5k+ votes
10y

Welcome to BiggerPockets David and best of luck investing!

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Andrew SyriosPro Member
    Moderator
    Residential Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    10y

    Welcome to BiggerPockets David and best of luck investing!

  • Investor, Trainer, Team Builder · Orange County, CA · Member since 2015 · 49 posts · 14 votes
    10y

    @David Cowan I wish you well with your goals!  Please add me to your Cash Buyers list for the Los Angeles County and OC areas.  When you have a moment, please send me a message here, or to my contact email address and we can talk about criteria for the types of properties that I'm comfortable investing in.

    When I was in the Navy, I lived in Virginia Beach for a while and really enjoyed it out there!  Do you have family in that area?  Why the move?

    Take care and have a great rest of your day!

    Regards,

    Rudy

  • Specialist · Rockland, MA · Member since 2010 · 7k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    @David Cowan

    It is a marathon not a sprint.

    Good luck

    Paul

  • Real Estate Agent · Virginia Beach, VA · Member since 2016 · 12 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    @David Cowan

    Hi David,

    I currently live in VB and love it! Let me know if you have any questions about the area. I would love to help. I am a realtor and can help you find a home too. I am also a musician. VB has lots of entertainment opportunities. Check out beachstreetusa.com. I was a performer on Beach Street in the summer for several years. It's a fun, paying gig :)

    Good luck with your move and let me know if I can help you in any way. :)

    Anna

  • Investor · Chesapeake, VA · Member since 2015 · 36 posts · 15 votes
    10y

    @David Cowan

    Welcome to BP. I live in the Hampton Roads area myself. If you have any questions about the area I will do my best to help you out. Good luck!

    Regards

  • Investor · Twinsburg, OH · Member since 2014 · 111 posts · 41 votes
    10y

    Wow! What a great bunch of folks! Thanks so much for your responses. It's late now. But, I'll reach out to you all, individually, tomorrow (Tuesday) afternoon. Be well!

    @Andrew Syrios

    @Alison Wright

    @Nate McGee

    @Paul Timmins

    @Rudy Swiggart

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    10y

    @David Cowan

    Welcome to the BP family! You came to the right place to learn all about real estate investing! Here are some recommendations for you:

    Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: http://www.biggerpockets.com/meet
    Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts
    Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing
    Check out BP Podcasts: http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/category/podcast/

    Wishing you the best!  

  • Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2010 · 804 posts · 230 votes
    10y

    Welcome to BP.  You have potentially made one of the best decision ever by joining BP. Good luck to you in your investing endeavors.  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.